Alcohol

Comments

• i prefer wine
  • Liquor is quicker ! Rum in my tum is more than good Ever heard that saying, beer before liquor- never sicker..liquor before beer- you're in the clear ! Too true for me
  • or sicker quicker/never fear hahaha!
  • I can usually go back and forth no problem, but I usually start with liquor if I am going to drink it. Spring break here, Old Crow tonight!
  • I never really drink liquor and beer together much. Usually it's one or the other, and lots of it! :D
  • hey, you know, sometimes I think I have a drinking problem.
  • does it prevent you from living your life the way you want to? kinda hard to tell sometimes. a lot of the time. and there are many different personal, professional, and organizational standards by which to determine the range (standard deviation, if you will) that qualifies a drinking problem. i know it was clear for me... the first time i drank i literally drank until i was flat on my back on the kitchen floor.
  • not only that -- it was like liqueor or something really gross. didn't care. just wanted MOAR
  • I definitely am not alcoholic, but sometimes I just get in those modes where I just drink and drink and drink. Then I pass out and half amazing sleep until I wake up with headache.
  • I've drunk more than you've forgotten.
  • i'd assume you're right, but i don't remember.
  • and shit i always sleep terrible when i'm drunk. unless i'm like double-vision can't stand up can't lie down without my head spinning drunk, like when i've gone over 30 drinks in a couple hours. it's a damn miracle i've never had alcohol poisoning. anyway, i'd always have to wake up when the drunk/high wore off and get more drunk/high to resume sleeping so i could wake up and get drunk/high. usually just stoned before noon, tell you the truth. i kept it respectable. lol.
  • Yeah, I don't really drink anymore because it feels like a waste of something; time, money, energy - i'm not sure which. And the fact that I was drinking by myself every night and writing just didn't seem like a very healthy way to go about it. Now I generally just drink socially.
  • yeah drinking every night alone and writing is the hemingway diet... not the healthiest lol
  • or bukowski
  • I definitely relate it to Bukowski. And every night turned out to be, a little bit more like Bukowski and ya I know, he's a pretty good read But God who'd wanna be, God who'd wanna be, such an asshole
  • Haha, good quote Tiggs.
  • y'know, I never am good at pulling out a quote but I know my Modest Mouse.
  • And that's almost the most important thing of all.
  • My sister drank all my gin because she thought it was my dad's, so even though I had a quarter of the last bottle she got me a whole new one! :D Bombay Sapphire!
  • Ha I dont drink!
  • i don't know what to thunk about drunking. I think of it mostly on bad terms as my family's raging alcoholism pissed me off to the third degree. I know that's not substantial evidence for the worlds populace though. I do like the taste of many liquors though. Beers, wines, hard drinks, coolers. It's difficult to drink in axcess unless I put my mind to it. Finishing a single beer can be a task for me. I want to take an imported amsterdam monster drink, pour a quarter or so of it out and fill it with yager (however spelt). I think that would be tasty. I don't drink because I tend to avoid situations in which I would drink as I drive a lot.
  • Although I get drunk occasionally I generally drink alcohol for the taste. Alcohol doesn't have to be a problem, but for a lot of people it is, quote: "A study by Russian, British and French researchers published in The Lancet scrutinized deaths between 1990 and 2001 of residents of three Siberian industrial towns with typical mortality rates and determined that 52% of deaths of people between the ages of 15 and 54 were the result of alcohol abuse." To speak generally, not pointed at anyone, if you know or suspect you have problem with moderation of consumption, don't drink; or I suppose you could ask someone to monitor you, I dunno if that would work though and you'd probably grow to dislike that person. I think it's great that a lot of people just drink for the taste, and I also think it's fine if people don't drink, for whatever reason.
  • Getting drunk can be fun I spose. It can also be not fun though. I don't know what to think about it
  • You can do some really stupid things when you're drunk...
  • thats the truth old crow, please
  • Haha I was on the whiskey and tequila last night. I threw up blood all over myself. THATS DRINKING, buddy!
  • edited May 2012
    I just went into the liquor store and I glanced over back behind the counter without intent, at the multicolored calling cards, actually, cause one of the gauchos on the pictures looks like my neighbor Amador, but soon after I did so, Sam, my local spirits and tabaccy proprietor, said "Sailor Jerry?" and so that's what is happening right now. The ol mariner and I are gettin aquainted after I been a land lubbin fool for some time. We just shook hands again and eyed eachother, cautiously but jokingly, which turned into mutual laughter. Soon we'll both be dancing a merry jig.
  • a merry jig! haha! so drink it down... you stilly clown! just don't get trapped (or tRAPED) in an Al K-hole! PUKING BLOOD! oh god? i'll never forget the time i saw a guy projectile vomit 8 a bit of gromit shit!
  • Planktons: soaking blood stained garments in warm water with A bit of Borax (not Borat)will help keep you looking fresh. Oaken: what is a gaucho? what is Sailor Jerry? We cannot buy liquor at all in my county, and never beer on Sundays, so I am a little jealous. I love that we are such a diverse bunch here. Everyone dealing wirh joys and triumphs and troubles, ranging from worried parents to early stage esophageal and stomach damage. And it's hard to tell who is who, most of the time.
  • nature is a place... a place in outer space!
  • Couldn't say it any better my self Wini and to a lesser bit, G.O.
  • Is that you GO, Winneh, Fisheh? Hello? Is anyone out there?
  • Yes, we are always there, with YOU.
  • beside you in time!
  • should ya need us... yeah... shoulda ya need us!
  • 'oh i DO need you! every now and then i do!' what? why didn't you say so! then she parties with the puppets!
  • A gaucho is a South American cowboy. Sailor Jerry is a brand of rum!
  • Little Jerry is a chicken!
  • I thought I'd try an Australian microbrew, so I got Coopers Dark Ale. Kind of tastes conspicuously like rye bread.
  • Guinness - it's the beer of the Gods.
  • The only time I've had Guinness was in a bottle cause they were out of draught. Hahaha
  • I like beer that doesn't taste like beer.
  • What is the difference between being high and being drunk?
  • being drunk is messy, you get sloppy, wobbly, and your motor skills are questionable. depends on the level of drunk though. Being high you retain full visual/motor capacities, at least for me. Getting high just kind of puts me at ease. Its different for everyone, I'm sure. I'm gonna get wobbly here in a little while, gin please.
  • Give him Gin and Tonic, he'll feel Supersonic!
  • Nothing like a G+T in the evening.
  • there's BLOOD in yr alco hall! :(|)
  • theres too much blood in my alcohol system must fix
  • puking mud!