Trying to figure out Honeycomb lyrics

edited May 2012 in Lyrics & Tabs
So, I'm really trying to figure out these lyrics. These may not be right, and there are obviously missing parts. I'd love some feedback and maybe some insight as to what you are hearing. How many times do you say I'm through with this and you mull it over How many times do you say I'm sticking to this and you pull it over How many times do you say I'm finished with this and it starts all over How many times do you say I'm moving through this but it won't move over How many times do you say I've had it today I'm just kicking over ?You see the other side of... ???? ????????????????? ????????????????? ????????????????? If you fill up your heart, it spills outside You find everything ???????????????? up on top of the hive? ?????????? Even all of the impossible places you go in your life

Comments

• I don't know, it's really hard to tell with the missing components, and I'm really bad at hearing the correct lyrics in songs so I won't try. From what's here I would say it's Avey talking about how someone is holding him back from completing a task of sorts or working through some emotion, some kind of obstacle, like a honey bee collects pollen and brings it the hive. The finished product would be a honeycomb, what the honeycomb stands for alludes me. The last part "If you fill up your heart, it spills outside/You find everything ???????????????? up on top of the hive" could mean that when you're trying to contain something inside yourself it eventually spills outside, in any form. But on top of the hive which is a metaphor for where you work, wherever you find yourself busy but in a good, familiar place. The top of the hive is where you find everything you were looking for, which is guess is the meaning for life or some sort of thing. To put this in perspective, it's Avey talking about how someone, possibly a fellow worker, is stopping him from moving past an obstacle or completing a task. Or maybe it's about songwriting, talking generally about musicians including himself. How many times do you say I'm through with this and you mull it over How many times do you say I'm sticking to this and you pull it over How many times do you say I'm finished with this and it starts all over How many times do you say I'm moving through this but it won't move over How many times do you say I've had it today I'm just kicking over Anyway, whether it be an obstacle, task, or songwriting, it's about going back to the "hive" where you truly belong. I'd like to think this about Avey coming back to songwriting with the band, where he works but also where he belongs.
  • Sorry, that was really long and confusing, I was just kind of writing what I was thinking. Hope it helps!
  • sounds like some ho is the queen bee right?
  • Check out lyrical collective Honeycomb How many times you say I'm through with this and you mull it over How many times you say I'm stickin’ to this and you pull it over How many times you say I'm finished with this and it starts all over How many times you say I'm movin' to this but it won't move over How many times you say I'm through with this and you mull it over How many times you say I'm stickin’ to this and you pull it over How many times you say I'm finished with this but it starts all over How many times you say I'm movin' to this but it won't move over How many times you say I've had it today I'm just picking clovers Who have seen the other side of unused time, the numbest of feeling How many times you say I'm through with this and you mull it over How many times you say I'm stickin’ to this and you pull it over How many times you say I'm finished with this but it starts all over How many times you say I'm movin' to this but it won't move over How many times you say I've had it today I'm just picking clovers Who have seen the other side of unused time, the numbest of feeling How many times you wait but nothing today and evening is over, Sun has gone and made a glowing line in your pretty brown eyes If you fill up your heart, it spills outside You find everything inside the heart on top of the hive If you (fly like a dog?) you won't go (white?) Even all the impossible places you go in your life How many times you say I've had it today I'm just picking clovers Who have seen the other side of unused time, the numbest of feeling How many times you wait but nothing today and evening is over, Sun has gone and made a glowing line in your pretty brown eyes If you fill up your heart, it spills outside You find everything inside the heart on top of the hive If you (fly like a dog?) you won't go (white?) Even all the impossible places you go in your life If you fill up your heart, it spills outside You find everything inside the heart on top of the hive If you (fly like a dog?) you won't go (white?) Even all the impossible places you go in your life Life If you fill up your heart, it spills outside You find everything inside the heart on top of the hive If you (fly like a dog?) you won't go (white?) Even all the impossible places you go in your life Hive
  • edited May 2012
    This is what I'm hearing: How many times do you say I'm through with this, and you mull it over? How many times do you say I'm sticking to this, and you pull it over? How many times do you say I'm finished with this, and it starts all over? How many times do you say I'm moving through this, but it won't move over? How many times do you say I've had it today, I'm just kicking (clovers?) You've seen the other side of unused time, the numbest of feelings, now. How many times do you wait, but nothing today, then the evening is over. The sun is gone and made a glowing line in your pretty eyes. If you fill up your heart, it spills outside, You'll find everything inside the hole at the top of the hive. If you lie in the dark (second time, it sounds like "fly like a dove"), you won't go white, Even all the impossible places you go in your life. Then instead of repeating "life" the last time around, Avey says "hive". EDIT: Above post beat me, but it would appear my ears were close.
  • What does the sample at the begining say? I hear "Nose News".
  • I don't think those lyrics on lyrical collective are necessarily correct though, and are of course still missing parts. I'd say it's almost definitely 'just kicking over', not picking clovers. Kicking over as in kicking over and giving up. I agree on the part of 'waiting today, then evening is over', I think that's right. It fits much better with the rest of the song. I love your 'You've seen the other side of unused time, the numbest of feelings'. It's great and I think that could be it. As far as meaning, I believe it's about never giving up, love, and working together. Honeycomb is the world/community/people. You'll go through hardships, repeating past mistakes, not being able to see things through to the end, etc. But, if you fill up your heart, it spills outside, meaning if your needs are met and your happy, you will help other people, or even just positively influence them by your attitude. So not only are you taking care of yourself and loving yourself, but as you do that it affects those around you. That love, happiness, and value that you have is spreading, and it starts to fill up, until it reaches the top of the hive. It's about having a fulfilling life, because your being positive has spread to all those around you. Hence the Life/Hive interchanging at the end. Okay, this is getting long, so I'll stop here. I could write essays on AC lyrics...
  • Oh, and I think the sample at the beginning is 'Knows News'. Sounds like a TV spot for the afternoon news or something. Possibly chopped up. Like it was, 'WRTV Evening News, Channel 6 knows what's important to you', or some similar sentence, then they chopped it up, similar to 'What would I want/Sky'. Because of the cadence of each word I really doubt they were spoken right next to each other as in the sample.
  • edited May 2012
    How many times do you say I'm through with this, and you mull it over? How many times do you say I'm sticking to this, and you pull it over? How many times do you say I'm finished with this, and it starts all over? How many times do you say I'm moving through this, but it won't move over? How many times do you say I've had it today, I'm just picking clovers? You've seen the other side of unused time, the numbest of feelings. How many times do you wait, but nothing today, then evening is over. The sun is gone and made a glowing line in your pretty brown eyes. If you fill up your heart, it spills outside, You'd find everything inside the heart on top of the hive. And you'll fight like a dog, you won't go, why? Even all the impossible places you go in your life. Life Hive Fucking beautiful concept, like wow Also, I think liquidus4 is right, but I think it's not cut, "Channel 6 knows news!" Lines I am most unsure of picking/kicking clovers/over/? glowing line/hive fight/fly/? like a dog/guy/?
  • Hi, I was very interested in this song when I heard it and my addition to the conversation is that I think the lyrics are changing throughout the song. There may be some nod to misheard lyrics, as in, that they are intentionally ambiguous or sounding like other words. Also, I think there might be two versions floating around, since there is one that is very clearly saying, "...glowing line in your pretty brown eyes", and another that really only sounds like "in your pretty eyes", so there may be a lot of confusion. Anyway, here's my take on the song; I wrote the whole thing since I think there are subtle variations. How many times have you said I'm through with this, and you mull it over? How many times you say I'm sticking to this, and you pull it over? How many times do you say I'm finished with this, and/but it starts all over? [and 1st time, but 2nd] How many times you could say I'm moving to this, but it won't move over? (x2) How many times do you say I've had it today, I'm just kicking clovers? You've seen the other side of unused time, The numbest of feeling. How many times you say I'm through with this, and you mull it over? How many times you say I'm sticking to this, and you pull it over? How many times you say I'm finished with this, but it starts all over? How many times you could say I'm moving to this, but it won't move over? How many times you can say, I've had it today I'm just kicking clover? You've seen the other side of unused time, And no wasted feeling. How many times do you wait but nothing to gain, evening is over. Sun has gone and made a glowing line in your pretty brown eyes. When you fill up your heart, it spills outside, You've found everything inside the heart on top of the hive. And you'll fight like a dog, and you won't know why Even all the impossible places you go in your life. How many times do you say, I've had it today I'm just kicking clovers? You've seen the other side of unused time, And no use to feeling. How many times you wait but nothing to gain, evening is over. Sun is gone and made a glowing line in your pretty brown eyes. If you kill up your heart it fills outside You've brought everything inside the heart on top of the hive. And you'll cry like a dog, and you won't know why Even all the impossible places you go in your life. If you fill up your heart it spills outside You'll find everything inside the heart on top of the hive. And you'll cry like a dog, and you won't know why Even all the impossible places you go in your life. Life Life Life If you fill up your heart it spills outside. You've found everything inside the heart on top of the hive. And you'll fly like a dart, you won't go wide. Even all the impossible places you go in your life. Life Life Hive Hive Hive Hive Hive (und fur ein bissen haha) misheard? If you feel up your hard, It spills out cider. Ewwfuk, everything inside is hot, And stop with the highs. And you'll cry, "Lucky guy, You want more wine?" Eating all the, uh, popsicle pieces: Eww, yogurt-olive!
  • I'm pretty sure it's How many times you do say I've had it to today I'm just kicking boulders.
  • How many times you say I've had it today I'm just picking clovers It makes sense to me cause he's trying to just get lucky by picking clovers like looking for a four leaf clover.
  • But he's talking about being frustrated, and getting nowhere. But I guess what you're saying goes along the same lines.
  • Yeah, kinda like he's saying he's sick of it. Like screw it hopefully I'll just get lucky. I can kinda relate it to like studying for a test or something if I think it's way too hard I'll just give up and say whatever hopefully I just guess my way through the test
  • what i really like about this song are the lyrics "when you fill up your heart, it spills outside" i think it means to take care of yourself first and foremost, and when you're content and your heart is filled up, your happiness, or contentedness, will spill outside, as in it will positively affect others.
  • sorry if i just restated one of the previous posts! i havent read any of them yet.
  • I don't get the " you'll find everything inside of the heart at the top of the hive" part. But vesufius I agree with what you said about that line, it's like your attitude rubs off on others.
  • Honestly, Honeycomb's Lyrics are just about doing whats good for you will make you a more complete person. Sufy said it right in his previous post about this song.
  • Not my favorite song lyrically. too many "How many times". I love how Avey writes but he say's "I don't know" and "sometimes" and other words that illustrate his own confusion of his reality so often. I cannot complain about his constant ambivilance!!!
  • It took me a few listens to enjoy this song at first. Now it's one of my favorites. It's just so colorful and lively!
  • HONEY COMO!