What song would you most like to see Animal collective cover?

i'll start with...... hide you love away by the beatles

Comments

• edited June 2012
    I'd love to see them cover Echoes by Pnik Floyd, I bet they could make it 30 minutes long, but i'm not sure if they could do justice to the guitar playing of Gilmour but i'm sure everthing else would be spectactular.
  • I want to see them do the whole dark side of the moon. Depree diamond blues (grateful dead). maybe bob dylans hurricane. i could picture it.
  • All Along the Watchtower would be interesting. I don't think they could do it better than Jimi though.
  • I could see them doing fire more
  • What about goldsoundS by pavement or frontwards
  • Maybe they should try a Daft Punk cover, All Around the World would be sweet. Actually they should do a remix. DJ Geologist!
  • Claud - yeah, you're not wrong about Jimi's cover of All along the watchtower. I think that's the best cover I've ever heard - it's not often a cover surpasses the original to such a degree. I would like to hear them cover The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots.
  • if they covered any modern band, flaming lips
  • Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live!
  • I'd love to see them cover a jazz song...any one would do.
  • if they covered early Pink Floyd songs such as See Emily Play, Flaming or Lucifer Sam, my life would be complete. I would especially like to hear AC cover Pow R Toc H
  • Horny hippies by the dodos could be cool
  • The Beatles - I Am The Walrus That would be really cool
  • Yes, that would be cool. Thanks for reminding me that I have to watch Drive!
  • Definitely seconding See Emily Play, and I am the Walrus. I can really hear them pulling those off.
  • I was thinking about it earlier today, and I have concluded that an I am the Walrus cover would be the most amaxing piece of music ever played. So many good parts of that song in which AnCo could provide their signature sound. I was thinking that they should try to take a Radiohead song, and do the impossible, make it a happy song.
  • @mzrokkks, i really dont think they could do that song lol, mabye panda bear could do it and make it a different song with 10 meanings lol.... @peacefish, yeah.... i am the walrus tho is so much style, animal collective dont do that really tho imo
  • edited June 2012
    You saying that Animal Collective can't make that song FIT there style? Anything is possible here, since we all know that the possibility of any song being covered by AC is slim to none. (Polly is the only one!)
  • They covered Polly? How do I not know this?!?! [i]Scurry scurry, google google[/i]
  • yeah u r right peacefish
  • polly is not the only one! i'm on a plane! (i can't complain!) and we bid u good nite! (ousside!) and kinda stevie blunder! it'd be hard for ac's version of wall rush to out-do the MEN WITHOUT HATS version!
  • edited July 2012
    I'd like to hear them cover Love's "The Daily Planet."
  • Thinking about it right now, I think they could do a killer job on MGMT's Siberian Breaks, even if it is a similar style of music. They would transition the hell out of that track.
  • the only song they can cover is pilot's IT'S MAGIK! you know! (never believe it's not so!)
  • THAT would make for an amazing cover Peacey.
  • They also cover On a plane by nirvana. i think they should cover wait and bleed by slipknot make it into a sorrowful hymn
  • damn a slipknot cover done totally different would be AMAZING?! i know of at least one other AC fang that would TOTALLY dig ... the idea of that! maybe EYELESS! eyeless! i am my father's son / oh i was walking on feet JUST LIKE MY FATHER!
  • I would love to hear them cover a Battles song . I know they'd outshine them though so the fellas might not like that
  • ac taking on the mighty beast that is atlas! AT LAST!
  • Yes! I know that there's a remix of Battles and AnCo. It's with Atlas and Summertime Clothes, look it up
  • I think "Ice Cream" off Gloss Drop would make an epic song for AnCo to cover. Also, I think I like Gloss Drop as much as Mirrored.
  • wait what the hell? where is this battles / ac - at last / bearhug remix? i tried looking it up! i only ask because that remix/mashup was MY idea way way back! and i did a dodgy fake mashup that ALMOST worked! so if you somehow read about THAT it'd be so weird but even stranger if someone else actually did it proper! and i'd def. want to hear THAT!
  • [quote=Animal_element2][/quote] i dont even like this song now!!! sorry forumers
  • [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] [quote=Peacefish]Cover early Animal Collective as Old Animal Collective, we really need to hear Alvin Row live![/quote] i pressed quote too much but YES!!! this is such an awesome idea...........we should get a petition going in like a few years 2 get them on it, i dont think they would want to, i mean we have the records there, but i mean they have some awesome songs and if they did a like best of tour it would be such an experience
  • edited December 2012
    lol joking about the carol of the bells, but am i?
  • imagine if i just started posting songs im youtubing right now...........wow what a loser move .........
  • They better not make a christmas song, fuck christmas music!
  • this is christmasy isnt it? at little
  • i think its the closest AC has ever gotten to sufjan stevens
  • hmmm... now that i think about it... i guess so
  • winters love
  • more like binters glove! uh!