is this the best animal collective video ever? (or best song ever)

edited October 2012 in Animal Tracks

Comments

• i love this vid so much, such a good summarization of their best era in touring
  • Ain't no best, really... My favorite shows from them are a little later (gasp!) And way earlier with the psychedelic/crazy. But this is indeed great. Incredible.
  • wow Who Could Win a Rabbit sounds sooo good like this. it's a little frustrating when they rework a song live and it sounds a lot better. i always wish that THAT is what they'd recorded. i also love reworked slippi!
  • I still think the vid from Paris in 2005 of Kids on Holiday is the greatest. The amount of energy was infinitismal.
  • I still think the vid from Paris in 2005 of Kids on Holiday is the greatest. The amount of energy was infinitismal.
  • holly day! golly day! holy day! fun . fun! yes! they go full on native! reworked slippi was a travesty! total missed opp! but then the live slippi from 2002 wasn't so hot either! guess the dream can remain just that! TRUE slippi live! with screams and all the parts left in!
  • edited October 2012
    This is a great one, buuut...Y'all got it twisted. When Avey and Panda are playing Covered in Frogs which transitions into Winters Love in that bookstore..god it's magical.
  • [quote=thepurplebottle6]This is a great one, buuut...Y'all got it twisted. When Avey and Panda are playing Covered in Frogs which transitions into Winters Love in that bookstore..god it's magical. That one is a classic! I wish there were more vids of their early acoustic performances.
  • wow, the first one posted by Animal element 2 is amazing. I think ill throw together an mp3 album that has a few of their awesome live performances on it.
  • covered in frogs is cool winters love is amazing, i love the factr that u dont really need 2 know words in animal collective songs
  • You guys have probably seen this one, it's definitely my favorite. The Purple Bottle with a really cool intro.
  • ^ that one is pretty rad
  • I almost wish they had recorded that version of PB as a single.
  • I just found they have a Vevo.. with 14 really high quality videos, mostly Merriweather stuff with a few other gems
  • I'd be celery
  • Love that PB video! perfectly reps the feels era.
  • "and we bid you goodnight" at the beginning of xiomera's video is so good!
  • Purple Bottle is PB, right? because Panda Bear is also known as PB and you guys confused me for a second
  • [peanut] BUTTER! it up a bit!
  • It's too bad they never covered any other Dead tunes. More tunes!
  • lol yeah vesufius it's purp botz
  • i want mah blinky back! :(|)
  • You will never have it again g.o! Never!!!!!!
  • nooooooooooooooo!
  • I've been into Animal Collective for the longest time, but never had the opportunity to see them live until the Centipede Hz tour. Saw them at the Tabernacle in Atlanta and it was the most amazing concert I've been to. It was a religious experience. That is the best an co video imho. Do you think they will ever do pre-MMP songs at their shows again? Don't get me wrong I love their new stuff but I wish I could have seen them in their earlier days.
  • matthewh89, i went to a show yesterday and i gotta say it was amazing! videos in the other thread but i totally get what you mean. There is nothing like being there and experiencing it. The lighting and bits inbetween songs where they just played custom tunes, was beautiful. Amantia at the end was beautiful
  • Im so jealous! I wish theyd come to Toronto sooner
  • check out the last song (london roundhouse)
  • edited November 2012
    "sometimes i have to miss my wife" lol sorry but that's the most awkward lyric ever!
  • this is a really cool cover
  • nice, makes a change to hear the words clearly
  • [quote=blinky9873]this is a really cool cover[/quote] it sounds so pretty.
  • My favorite Concert was the one in Sydney, at the Enmore Theatre. I listened to the bootleg first then I heard about the video or it on Youtube. Just a truly awesome set of music. Can't find the right (full) playlist, but here is Mah Gurls.
  • Yeah that Sydney gig is an awesome playlist - my favs off it are DEFINITELY the newer versions of Slippi and Leaf House
  • slippi subdued! tortured into submission!
  • vicious camaraderie
  • awesome full link in description - age
  • I'm seeing them in Sydney in January, at Enmore Theatre as well! Hopefully it'll be as good as that one.
  • [quote=blinky9873]this is a really cool cover[/quote] yup! i loved the use of the violin!
  • this video changed how i felt about music, for real. i loved brosport, my girls, and grass, but i didnt totally [i]get[/i] AC until i saw this. theres so much energy in the screams its great
  • edited November 2012
    screaming is my favorite part of acs music
  • yelping! :(|)
  • edited December 2012
    This is one of my favorite live clips from anyone, ever. This has to be the most intense We Tigers they've ever played!
  • edited December 2012
    thats a good one indeed, but most intense they've ever played We Tigers? not for me.. more like this, younger AC
  • dude xiomeras purp bottle video has been stuck in my head for days the intro is too good.
  • i wanna be inside of your mouth!