Caribou

edited October 2012 in Audible
does anyone like this band on here? They are listed next to radiohead and deerhunter on spotify as suggested music to listen to. as an example concert. Im at 19:26 right now and it sounds pretty good. creative but a tad more ambient then anco I spose.

Comments

• oh god YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS
  • I take it you like them?
  • Indeed. Saw them open for Radiohead in June- sidenote: one of the best light shows I've seen but they rule
  • I've listened to Andorra and Swim, both highly recommended. This song really stood out to me on his new side project, Daphni.
  • I live cement I hate this street (give dirt to me) I bite lament this human form where I was born I now repent. Caribooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  • I liked his stuff for a time, but I don't really listen to it anymore. Kinda repetitious, but a good sound. Interesting samples. A bit [i]too[/i] interesting if you know what I mean.
  • yeah the repetition of it can get to me weird how caribou (MANITOBA!) and FourTet had semi biggie reputations but then both their 2010 albums catapulted them into the next level! ... there is glove in you / SWIM! sink or swim! SINK & DIE! andorra has the hit song melody day right? that is a groovy one be more like THAT 'bou! :(|) i remember also liking milky human kindness up in flames? not so much! don't think i heard the very very first one and daphni is REALLY damn repetitious! holy hell! ok i get it! you told me yr name! what IS yr damn game!
  • edited October 2012
    [quote=G.O. !]be more like THAT 'bou! :(|)[/quote] Jasmine!
  • I prefer Elk... But on a serious note, I do like them and his last album was pretty darn good if you like electronic music.
  • cariboo hoo!
  • Gentlemen prefer elk.
  • ELK BURGERS! ungulates! Comments 4499 oh god! +1! it's the 4.5K! hey hey! :(|) monkay!
  • Drugs are bad, mmkay?
  • Swim is the only album I've been able to get into, but I haven't given the others a good listen through. I also have yet to listen to any albums under his other pseudonyms.
  • yeah from what Ive heard it seems like Caribou found a general sound they liked and stuck with that, but I still like them.
  • stop that clock!