Favorite Albums

Comments

• Aw it got leaked :( Poor Brad
  • ha! he deserves it (so much!)
  • hey whatchu have against brad?
  • the guys got a brad attitude!
  • No particular order aside from number one... 1) AC- Spirit they're gone, spirit they've vanished Black Dice- Beaches & Canyons Swans- Soundtracks For The Blind Grizzly Bear- Yellow House AC- Feels GY!BE- Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven Avey Tare- Down There Radiohead- OK Computer AC- Sung Tongs Radiohead- Kid A
  • my top three AC releases are still hcti, fall be kind and down there
  • That is a really well rounded top three. The old abrasive/ambient-ness of Indian, The wonderful soaring accessible songs of Fall Be Kind, and the dark electronics of Down There. Down There seriously blows me away every time. Avey Tare. What a cool guy...
  • edited April 2013
    i love down there, but i dont see how you can put it up there with their other releases. for me its nowhere close. if the whole album was as strong as the first three songs then i guess i'd understand.
  • Yeah that album is a really strong bond between me and my best friend. Maybe that's why I like it so much...
  • My top 3 are feels, mpp, and person pitch
  • Feels is their best all the way through IMO
  • i'd say INDIAN DANSE & STRAWJAMB! though with strawjam i also think of that era and street flash / cobwebs / safer! that sorta thing!
  • amazing top three GO and idk how you COULDNT put down there in the top three Sufy, its just perfect!
  • edited April 2013
    I don't think so Im just being honest here, everything after Ghost of Books is weak.
  • I think Heads Hammock is the weakest track... Cemeteries is one of my favorite songs right now, and I think the last two tracks are GREAT. And at least you're being honest, vesufius!
  • honesty is appreciated not
  • edited April 2013
    Ok looking back, "weak" was probably a little harsh. Let's change the discussion. Favorite albums of 2013? Ive listened to a bunch at this point, but my 5 favorites right now are: monomania, sub-verses, wakin on a pretty daze, mbv, shaking the habitual In that order
  • No hard feelings man. So.. Sub-Verses is out already??! I need to look that up! And I need to hear Monomania! Also, has anyone heard of the new Boards of Canada album coming out? I'm way exited for it!
  • i think sub-verses was officially released today. it leaked a while ago, though.
  • nice I'll check it out!
  • shaking the habitual and wolf are the only new albums ive listened to this year both amazing!
  • im excited for the BOC album!! preordered the vinyl yestaday
  • BOC is one of those bands where i cant deny their greatness, but i just can't handle listening to them. MHTRTC is wayy too unsettling for me. It makes me uncomfortable and gives me feelings i'd rather not feel. This might sound like a weird comparison, but they're just like Swans in that way. Good fucking music that goes deeper than i really want it to go. The way they're hyping this new album looks really cool though.
  • In one of the first few songs on MHTRTC the beat pauses for a second and there is a deep "i love you" that unsettles me immensely in the most satisfying way
  • [quote=vesufius]BOC is one of those bands where i cant deny their greatness, but i just can't handle listening to them. MHTRTC is wayy too unsettling for me. It makes me uncomfortable and gives me feelings i'd rather not feel. This might sound like a weird comparison, but they're just like Swans in that way. Good fucking music that goes deeper than i really want it to go.The way they're hyping this new album looks really cool though.[/quote] I actually really get that comparison! I really do like listening to Swans though, even if often unsettling!
  • And I love that little "I Love You" on An Eagle In Your Mind! I was kind of surprised the first time I heard it.
  • But I'm the only one with Tomboy in my top 3? :( So far this year I've been loving The Terror. As far as new, unsettling music goes, I can't figure out if I love or hate the Soap&Skin Sugarbread EP.
  • Aw I forgot about The Terror! That's some good stuff!
  • it's TERROR bull! hoho! naw it's alright a bit overgrated / overloved baffling really!
  • It has its weak moments, I'm not particularly fond of the track You Are Alone. Outside of that though I thought it was fantastic.
  • with minor differences, ElCamino's list is mine (ege bamyasi instead of tago mago for e.g.; el-p instead of death grips, no mollusk, nonsuch over skylarking, etc etc etc)
  • ya GOTTA have the mollusk! MUSK!
  • My favorite album of all time is Age of Adz. I realized that last week. I only listen to it about once every other month, but when i do, damn, it hits HARD. Like, nothing else hits harder. Impossible Soul is the only song thats ever made me cry, and it does it pretty consistently. What one album hits YOU hardest? I'd like to know.
  • edited June 2013
    Ágætis Byrjun hit's me really hard, and so does ( ). I'm pretty new to Sigur Rós, so I wouldn't put either as my favorite OF ALL TIME... Then there's In The Aeroplane, Helplessness Blues, Yellow House, Down There... I'd say Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They're Vanished really hits me the hardest, and is my number one! The whole feeling of it is just too good for words...
  • i could never decide that at this point. HCTI comes to mind, or age of adz. or kid A and woah earlier today my friends and i were runnin around a creek and i was singing impossible soul
  • it's a long life! better kill yourself! better kill each other!
  • Do you want a lance?
  • [quote=Ticonderoga]and woah earlier today my friends and i were runnin around a creek and i was singing impossible soul[/quote] i always find myself singing that randomly when i sweeping the floor or walking outside
  • I'm gonna have to give Age of Adz a try.
  • The Rage of Radz! gadzooks!
  • The Paige of Padz!
  • Id also say campfire songs is in the runningfor me
  • All the songs flow so well on campfire songs! I wish there was a vinyl release so bad!!
  • edited June 2013
    This album is incredible. If you haven't, listen to it! It's really one of my favorites right now.
  • If i were to recommend a 5-star album right now it would be Emergency & I by The Dismemberment Plan, i think most people could appreciate that one, it's pretty much perfect. If i were to add on to my list now i'd throw in some Boards of Canada and maybe Since I Left You would move up to first.
  • Ive only had a few months with music has the right to children but it could be up in my list as well
  • edited June 2013
    I joined Sputnikmusic last month and I've gradually given ratings to 190 albums that I've heard and am familiar enough with to rate. It's pretty cool because it gives you percentages for how much you listen to each genre, and you can order them by rating and year. It's all pretty obsessive but it's fun to have everything ordered like that. http://www.sputnikmusic.com/uservote.php?memberid=1030180 I'll just leave this here instead of ever posting a top 20 again.
  • I love looking at yr list El! I don't think I would use a site like that though, I'm not a big fan of rating things. I can never decide what I like best.