The opposite

Does anyone else in this forum just absolutely terrible with the opposite sex? It seems like none of my friends have this problem.

Comments

• i have troubles with the same sex
  • Same with Sagey, I've always found it easier to get along with girls. I'd be a fabulous gay dude.
  • i can get along with any human platonically but if there's anything implied (with girls) like a "thing" then i get super awkward
  • Sounds like you just need to find a girl you're comfortable with Tic.
  • I'm fine talking to girls in small gatherings or like one on one, but if it's like a party or some other big event i get really anxious for some reason, maybe it's because there's so much going on and you're meant to be talking to all these people the whole night, it becomes pretty overwhelming. I think it's just social anxiety though. I think i've been pretty unlucky so far as well because the first girl i really liked didn't feel the same way and she has a boyfriend now and it's been 8 months and i'm still not over her, it kind of ruined 2012 for me.
  • I cant't talk to any girls in general, it kinda sucks.
  • [quote=ElCamino]I'm fine talking to girls in small gatherings or like one on one, but if it's like a party or some other big event i get really anxious for some reason, maybe it's because there's so much going on and you're meant to be talking to all these people the whole night, it becomes pretty overwhelming. I think it's just social anxiety though. I think i've been pretty unlucky so far as well because the first girl i really liked didn't feel the same way and she has a boyfriend now and it's been 8 months and i'm still not over her, it kind of ruined 2012 for me.[/quote] same for me Camino, but with a boy
  • edited December 2012
    It's okay guys, I waited almost four years for my current girlfriend. And boy was it worth it. Although, I never really had a problem talking with girls, I just kind of hate most people. Admittedly it usually seems easier for me to make friends with guys.
  • Idk im pretty comfortable talking to girls. I dont crush on them, but I can still identify who i think is physically attractive.
  • My research has shown that it is often a combination of: 1. Who are where you are developmentally 2. Who and where they are developmentally 3. The setting 4. Additional Sensory Input 5. Physical attraction. So an ideal situation is when all 5 gel. Do you see the odds... and Captain- YES! I hate people and the people I love also hate people! It seems to not matter.
  • Wow wini, is that like the over view of how people are attracted to each other?
  • Heh, wow, I think it is.
  • I would agree. different people emphasize different parts at different times, but overall that's a pretty astute summary
  • fo shwa, Very general but hard to be too specific with these things doncha know? Eyeah! I guess it's not so much hard to make guy friends as it is too be in a guy clique. Guy cliques can be just as bitchy with as much drama as a stereotypical sitcom will make girl cliques appear to be. So much work to devote yourself to a group of friends but when I see them I feel so lonely oddly enough. The "groups" of friends I've had in the past has consisted of girls and they're boyfriends. They bring us dudes along like a playdate but as soon as the gal breaks up with him I never see him again. Kinda strange how that works out.
  • I seem to only have a thing for girls that are way outta my league, it sucks.
  • Lol dw its not just you
  • Better to look up than down?
  • hahaha that is a good point
  • Soo i lent this girl my chem notebook a few months ago and just today i found a note saying "hey yusuf why dont you call me some time" So now i feel really awkward :S But i mean, i wouldnt have called her if id found it earlier. I just feel really shitty for some reason.
  • Aww, man. Maybe you should talk to her in school? Make it an awkward funny - "Sooo... I found your note." That is, if you like her.
  • lol thats the thing i dont :S
  • Aw poor girl. If you find a good opportunity to let her down easy that would be good - that is if she still likes you after a month.
  • edited January 2013
    im just gonna keep on acting the way i did before i saw the note. dont want to make a big deal out of it, since it still feels like a healthy, friendly relationship. albeit very superficial, but w/e thats the way i want it.
  • That sounds like an awkward situation vesuf
  • thats why I only am school parters with girls I think are atrractive... ok there are definetly exceptions but I steal hos notebooks and use them to cheat on my tests cause im gangsta, ok no but for real girls have such neat handwriting
  • If you are her are getting along fine, move on. Actions speak louder than words- if you are friendly and kind then she knows that yo are friendly and kind. You didn't call, whatever, you are still friendly and kind. Keep on keeping on, you gave yourself the best advice. <3!
  • i am more or less in the popular group of my grade no matter how awful it is to say something like tthat and i havent really gone out with any girl ever. i mean i have, but stupid texting/awkward types of relationships
  • Thanks wini And ti arent you in junior high? Stay strong my man, those were some very awkward years (for me)
  • Ive had a intense crush on the same person since I met him on the first of 5th grade. He had an intense crush on me forawhile but i ruined it with my social awkwardness because it was soooo hard to believe. And although I recently got over the devastation of him getting a girlfriend (who, no doubt, he'll marry), I havent really liked anyone else. i dont know alot of people my age that i can relate to.
  • narnia I cant really relate to that, cause I haven't ever liked someone for that long. For me it is usually I'll like a girl for a while, not have the balls or courage to do anything about it, then just forget about it and move on to the next, and the cycle repeats haha. And Ti- same I have never gone out with any girl ever, and I'm eighteen haha. I wonder what my parents think is up with me, they probably think I'm gay haha. junior high was great for me though super fun.
  • Crushes are so good and bad at the same time.
  • My 10 year old brother revealed to me that hes got a crush on someone, which blew my mind/weirded me out/melted my heart. Though I was such an ass about it to him :P
  • Also, mitch, i totally relate on that whole "cycle" that you laid out
  • ive been dating the same girl for three years since junior year. She's sweet but I face palm a lot. I am sure she does as well.
  • edited January 2013
    I'm actually really good with most girls, sometimes I can get awkward, but when one of your classes is 95% female and you have to have daily conversations and study after class with the girls, you get used to it and you become less awkward. I also find that Alcohol makes me a really comfortable around girls (same can be said for most). Being yourself helps a lot too, I find that if I try and engage in conversation I can get the girls to laugh (I think the majority of girls love a partner that is funny).
  • I hate girls.
  • [quote=Peacefish]but when one of your classes is 95% female[/quote] So do you... study woman's studies or something?
  • [quote=Mitch]I hate girls.[/quote] Oh dear. It happens! :(
  • [quote=claudeavecvin]Peacefish said:but when one of your classes is 95% femaleSo do you... study woman's studies or something?[/quote] He studies Women's Studies Studying, studiously!
  • My life is Women's Studies.
  • Women Studies Class? Nope, but it is a Curriculum and Instruction class, basically, it's a class about the basics of teaching.
  • I take back what I said, sorry girls, that was too much
  • they teach you how to teach! META!
  • dammit mitch! what the HELL! gurls are so groovy! oh ho ho HO! don't know about you!
  • I study women all the time (strokes creeper stash and does creeper laugh, my bushy eyebrows peak out over my creepy shades, no visible pants underneath my trench coat)
  • "hahaha I lol'd at the "no visible pants underneath my trench coat" part
  • Creeper Stash. Mine's in the hall closet. Yeah, no visible pants, that is...creepy. Mitch, no offense was taken by anyone, I'm sure.
  • haha I hope not.