Slasherflixxx

edited April 2013 in Side Projects
avey tare's new joint dave started another band! a tree! (oh!) GET HYPED!!!!!!! ahhh!!!

Comments

• with the deradorirorioriananiron sisters!
  • slasher films scare me! Is this gonna be horrorcore?
  • postburritocore
  • horror core as in ICP? those damn clowns!
  • I'd rather just another Avey solo album but whatever, this could be interesting.
  • I hope it's a return to the early, abrasive, masked days of Animal Collective. A little place for Avey to get his crazier and harsher side out away from the other Animals. I'm way psyched!!
  • that would be cool don't see it happening, though
  • People on CA have said that it could just be a backing band to play his solo stuff as he'd said before that he'd like to have a backing band for his material at some point. Also the fact that it's being called "Avey Tare's Slasher Flicks" also might suggest this could be true.
  • Whatever it is, I feel like it's gonna be pretty dark, seeing as it's inspired by slasher films. I heard them talk a lot about slasher films in interviews about ODDSAC as well...
  • i hope it involves them dressed / masked / acting all weird on stage like a live horror film! maybe even some fake blood thrown on the audience a la Gwar! har!
  • I can't wait to see footage of them live, and hopefully they release some music as well!!
  • “A group of three hippies on a road trip through the backwaters of 2013s rural music scene fall prey to a murderous cannibalistic band making, including a leather-masked, guitar-wielding Avey Tare, his knife-wielding keyboard player Angel Deradoorian, and their cannibal chief drummer and decaying grandfather Jeremy Hyman,” says Tare via press release. So I shat.
  • I'm not excited for this at all....
  • really? that's kinda weird!
  • Ya toomanytrees, why you shittin? That's really kinda wierd!
  • Hopefully they do what Buckethead used to do and put props of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre all over the stage
  • im dont like the deradoorians very much in anything but i still feel this has potential
  • I could care less about whoever else is in a band that avey is playing guitar in!
  • yeah it's always rad to hear new stuff from the animals, regardless of who they're working with!
  • yeah im not saying i think it will be bad just dont like the deradoorians
  • Yeah I totally feel you
  • I think anything involving Avey Tare has potential :)
  • I'm shitting because it looks like Avey's really going into this with a debut-release, nothing-to-lose and no-expectations feel. I'm not really excited specifically for the leather-masked cannibalistic theme (and frankly I suspect it's not going to be as huge an element as it's made out to be), I'm excited for the type of music Avey's going to present to us when we have no idea what's coming.
  • edited June 2013
    GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS FINALLY!!! I DONT KNOW IF YOU GUYS ARE AS PUMPED AS ME NOW WE CAN SEE AVEY'S NEW BAND! THEY GET INTO SOME SICK GROOVES IN THIS!!
  • all of those songs sound incredible. the melodies all remind me so much of the glasslands set
  • The second song especially is really nice. I'm looking forward to better quality boots.
  • This is fantastic, the first time I listened to the recording I had to replay the first song about 4 times, this has really exceeded my expectations.
  • I'm so psyched for studio recordings!
  • Avey is my boi mang. I'm pretty hyped for this shit, hopefully its on par with how I feel about Down There, by the way, I downright love Down There!
  • Down There is one of my favorite AC related releases EVER!!
  • no he didn't want to go back DOWN THERE he just didn't CARE! any more...
  • ENTER THE SLASH HER HAUS (OF LEEF YELP!) lil fangs! (&ARROWS!) eyah!
  • LITTLE FANG LITTLE FANG LITTLE FAAAAANGG
  • i haven't even heard the song I WAIT FOR ALBUM! :(|) Get Flick'd!
  • For those who missed it --
  • It's kind of nice to hear Avey on a more conventional song
  • are you saying he sold out? to the MANG!
  • I heard the album is gonna be called "Avey Tare's Sell-out"
  • Track 8 is GREAT! slasher FUCKS! :(|)
  • I was surprised and actually liked little fang
  • Does she feel it?! DOES SHE FEEL IT?!?!?!!!!1
  • strange colores is sweet
  • hell yeah it is! so stoked to get my slasher house vinyl :)!!
  • ENTER THE GORETORIUM!
  • First song is my favorite
  • Oh yes. Roses on the window sounds like gorillaz re-hash :O Outlaw has a cool groove and modern dayz has sweet drums