Boards of Canada - Tomorrow's Harvest

edited June 2013 in Audible
For those of you who have heard this album, what do you think, and how does it compare with the rest of their work? I've only listened 3 times because i decided to abstain from the stream so my first listen could be with the physical CD. I love it so far, hard to tell how i'd rank it with the rest of their album but it is an extremely engaging and atmospheric album. At the moment my favourite tracks would be Jacquard Causeway, Reach for the Dead, Cold Earth, Palace Posy and Nothing Is Real.

Comments

• [quote]I've only listened 3 times because i decided to abstain from the stream so my first listen could be with the physical CD. [/quote] wait HUH? how does THAT work! it'd be yr 4th glisten! BOC >>>> BoC! more cow HELL!
  • I listened to this twice on vinyl today! Palace posy is amazing
  • I haven't listened to it yet. I got a ton of CDs from the library and people keep recommending me albums. And there's the new Sigur Ros... SO MUCH MUSIC! but when I listen to Tomorrow's Harvest, I will post on here!
  • Oh god, its so good. So very pleased.
  • i don't get this music
  • it may seem very generic/nothing special but you just gotta become familiar with the BoC Sound. the similarity of all of the synth chords are actually a plus in my opinion
  • [quote=G.O. !]I've only listened 3 times because i decided to abstain from the stream so my first listen could be with the physical CD.wait HUH? how does THAT work!it'd be yr 4th glisten!BOC >>>> BoC!more cow HELL![/quote] I just worded it weirdly haha. I meant that i abstained from listening to anything (the stream, recordings) so my first listen could be with the physical CD, which i'd listened to 3 times since. Also i'm pretty obsessed with this album now, not mhtrtc level but still amazing. Nothing Is Real kinda sounds like The Avalanches!
  • YAY FOR THE VINYL REISSUES!!!!
  • trapped in vine HELL
  • is anyone else BORED by boards of canada? blue oyster cult = the better BoC!
  • Definitely not! Their music is far more complex and layered than it appears initially. What i find really boring is the majority of instrumental hip-hop, as in people who just make "beats".
  • Yeah sometimes I would even get bored with beats like Flyin Lotus. BoC never bores me! BoC sounds like the plan for me!
  • edited August 2013
    [quote=G.O. !]is anyone else BORED by boards of canada?blue oyster cult = the better BoC![/quote] *raises hand*
  • you better get some better beats and uh spit some bitter grimes! GRIMEY!