Equipment used by AC

I would very much like to know what equipment the guys in AC is using, 'cause I'd love to use it : p I'm aware of main things, I believe, such as the sp-555's, KAOSS pads, m3 etc., but how they use it is quite of some interest too, so tell me all about it!

Comments

• their wiki page kinda covers what kind of equipment they use, but as to how they use it thats a little tricky. i have no clue, i don't know if anyone besides AC knows, sorry
  • im sure thats not the whole list, unless you are talking about another wiki. yeah.. if only collected animals were still running, theyd be able to answer themselves.
  • <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://animalcollectin.6.forumer.com/viewforum.php?f=1&sid=2afe38aed9caa7e02ab08c1e1dee4f4d">http://animalcollectin.6.forumer.com/vi ... 1e1dee4f4d</a><!-- m --> that's Collected Animals. Animal Collective does not post there anymore but they might have the answer in the depths of their forum somewhere.
  • ah.. thank you! i only knew about this old one; <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rerz.net/ac/messages/index.php">http://rerz.net/ac/messages/index.php</a><!-- m -->
  • [size=200]MUDKIP IRL![/size]
  • So I heard you like Mudkipz...
  • [quote="we tigers"]that's Collected Animals. Animal Collective does not post there anymore but they might have the answer in the depths of their forum somewhere.[/quote] This seems like the best place to look after looking through this thread. I will say though, that if you are a musician you should always play what fits with you the best and not try to emulate another artist. I love AC just as much as anybody else, but I like to go crazy to punk rock and rip my BC Rich!
  • Just get a big black box and tape pictures of buttons all over it. When it's time to perform, put a tape recorder inside of the box and pretend to get bleepy bloopy with all the paper knobs and switches while the track plays. I'm not positive this is what AC does, but it's definitely what they SHOULD do.
  • I finally found the page I'd been looking for, this old list of gear used by AC in years past. There's a newer one on the new CA site (link posted below the older list.) Thanks to the original posters! Here you go: "2005: codenoise wrote: notes from the last feels tour (orlando) Avey Tare --- Unknown Guitar (PRS?) --- Fender London Reverb Head --- Fender 4 12 Speaker --- 2 Unknown Effect Racks --- Behringer UB1202 Eurorack 12 Input Mixer --- DigiTech Vocal 300 Vocal Effects Processor --- Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah Panda Bear --- Floor Tom --- Snare --- Unknown Cymbal --- Boss SP303 Dr. Sample Phrase Sampler Geologist --- 2 18 PA Speakers --- Behringer UB1204FX Pro Eurorack 12 Input Mixer with FX --- 3 Minidiscs Deacon --- Fender Telecaster --- Unknown Fender Guitar --- Fender Reverb --- 4 10 Bass Speaker --- Boss PN-2 Tremolo Pan --- Ibanez Digital Delay Rack --- Unknown Ibanez Rack --- Electro Harmonix Frequency Analyzer 2006: codenoise wrote: as of 3/19 (atlanta). no pictures this time. Avey Tare --- PRS Guitar --- Fender Stratocaster --- Fender London Reverb Head --- Fender 4 12 Speaker --- MXR Digital Time Delay Rack --- FOXX Tone Machine --- Ibanez SF10 Swell Flanger --- 2 DigiTech Vocal 300 Vocal Effects Processors --- Boss AW-3 Dynamic Wah --- Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Panda Bear --- Floor Tom --- Snare --- Unknown Cymbal --- Boss Dr. Sample Phrase Sampler (SP303? SP404?) Geologist --- 2 18 PA Speakers --- Mackie Mixer --- 3 Minidiscs --- Unknown Reverb Rack --- Boss SP404 Dr. Sample Phrase Sampler --- "Devil Mic" Toy --- Circuit Bent Sound Generator --- QSC Amplifier Head Deacon --- Fender Telecaster --- Unknown Guitar (Fender, Danelectro?) --- Fender Reverb --- 4 10 Bass Speaker --- Boss PN-2 Tremolo Pan --- Ibanez Digital Delay Rack --- Unknown Ibanez Rack --- Unknown SWR Amplifier Head --- Boss DD-6 Digital Delay --- Boss PS-5 Super Shifter --- Korg X-911 Guitar Synth --- 2 Ernie Ball Volume Pedals --- Earnie Ball Power Slinky Strings (???) deakin's guitars: deakin wrote: You must be speaking of my blueish reddish guitar that I just started using on this last American jaunt. From what I was told it is an old silvertone from the late sixties and was custom painted that way. I found it in a guitar shop in brooklyn for just over $400 which I consider to be a total and complete steal. That and the red tele are my only two guitars that I own. I think that you kind of just need to look and look and someday something will look at you and say "I'm yours" and you will get it. I go to music shops a decent amount and I almost never see guitars that I want. I needed a second guitar for that tour and rushed to music shop the day we left for Boston and there it was, just waiting for me. Kind of a miracle. spirit/danse/hollinndagain: codenoise wrote: on reviewing the danse manatee live videos, avey is using a roland juno-60 while geo has what appears to be a roland sh-2. i am assuming that based on the four knobs along the top and 37 keys. also vintage synth explorer (link below) says it is a monophonic bass synth which, along with avey saying it was a small roland synth, leads me to believe that the spirit bass synth was the roland sh-2. maybe this will trigger up some memories from the good dr. tare." Link to this year's new gear: [url]http://collectedanimals.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=301[/url]
  • a MONKEY! these use (and ABUse) a monkey! :(|)