Guys Eyes Video

edited September 2010 in Animal Tracks
[via fyeahpandabear tumblr] They released a video for Guys Eyes. I think it pretty cool, makes me think about the meaning of the song in new ways other than just the most obvious one. [youtube] Brian is in it!

Comments

• i love the video. so wonderfully calming...
  • [quote="Paige"]I think it pretty cool, makes me think about the meaning of the song in new ways other than just the most obvious one.[/quote] yeah, I agree with that statement. I mean, it wasn't the most exciting video ever but it almost made me feel like I was hearing the song for the first time all over again. It was relaxing and peaceful. I enjoyed it.
  • sorry, but my connection is too slow to see that u tube. but I Like it any way
  • Pretty but boring. Reminds me of this video for Comfy in Nautica <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href=""> m -->
  • this video is amazing. most of their other videos are a little disturbing but this one was really calm, i like how Brian came back in at the end.
  • so is it generally agreed that this song is about masturbation?
  • I agree it isn't about masturbation, i thought it was about the conflict between mind and body regarding desire. What do you all think?
  • [quote="winilula"]I agree it isn't about masturbation, i thought it was about the conflict between mind and body regarding desire. What do you all think?[/quote] I think that's what the SONG's about. The video is typical AnCo music video: completely distracts from the actual point of the song itself, a la "Peacebone" and "Who Could Win a Rabbit?" Blasphemy, I know. But both of those videos scarred me. I would hate those songs if I had seen either video first.
  • [quote="Maps"]But both of those videos scarred me. I would hate those songs if I had seen either video first.[/quote] I agree with this entirely. I'm not a huge fan of AnCo videos. Though this one I find to be incredibly soothing. I'm not sure about the confliction between body and mind. Honestly, i'm not sure I entirely understand where you guys are coming from. Maybe it is. Let me keep that thought in mind while I review the video and such.
  • i like the vibe
  • I think we all agree, thought, that the video has nothing to do with the song.
  • oh yeah absolutely, it's like the Comfy in Nautica video
  • Although it has nothing to do with the song, I enjoy the "home-movie-ish" feel it has to it. Beautiful footage too, who doesn't want to watch waves splooshing around?
  • I realized while listening to Summertime Clothes that I would WAY rather have that Beach Boys video in my visual memory while listening to Guys Eyes than the fetus creatures from Summertime Clothes.
  • Yes wini! I agree! THat video kind of ruined Summertime Clothes for me because it hurt/disturbed my eyeballs.
  • I want to make a video for summertime clothes that is all about feet. Mostly dancing feet. Maybe some cat feet.
  • I wanna make a summertime clothes video where kids are robbing a house.
  • For Animal Collective, I'm always dissapointed because I get images in my own head and all their videos are like interpretations, not the literal version of the song. For instance my vision for Summertime Clothes is dancing in the neon lights in the street at night.
  • walking around with a girl on a hot and sticky night, when all you want is for the rain to start
  • Yeah, I have it acted out in my head with a guy and a girl in Brooklyn on a hot night, walking in the financial district, everything. It tells an awesome story. Frakkin' video weirdness.
  • yeah i totally get the same thing when i heard summertime clothes. i like the videos and ill watch them because it inspires my own creation, but they usually get boring after the second view. Also, who could win a rabbit video, i liked that song more after i saw the video. I loved the end when the turtle ate the rabbit. I like it when this band goes into visual extremes, kinda scares me, which is why i can't wait for ODDSAC. Im going to order it soon, and i know theres some pretty effed up stuff there. Vamp Deeks eating a family? Oh yeah baby!
  • guys and their damn eyes!