Breaking the names.

edited September 2010 in Animal Tracks
So heres a thought, since Avey Tare built his name like this- Dave = Davey - D = Avey Tare = To Tear your name apart. Then is his wife's alias built the same way? Kristín = Kri + A = Kria Brekkan = To break your name apart? What do you guys think/What have you heard?

Comments

• Oooh! Good thought! Maybe reading Kria Brekkan interviews would reveal the secret! Kria's middle name is Anna, KRIstin Anna and it looks like Brekkan is just another last name in the world.
  • I wasn't even thinking about it until i showed my friend a concert online of Avey and kria, and i told him how avey got his name. And he jokingly was like "Yeah, and kria was "breakkin" her name apart too!" and i was thinking... your probably right. haha. I'll read some Kria interviews sometime, maybe that will reveal it! Oh, in one interview, She says this. How did Kria Brekkan form? Kria Brekkan was formed wearing a flowery skirt and rubber boots. She threw daggers in wood to kill time between rides on a quicksilver motorboat from the lighthouse to the living place of other humans to fetch provisions, and back. When she went off on her own she took the name with her and everything she had learned so far. She seems more metaphoric than her husband! havign a hard tiem deciphering this.
  • I wonder, and this is probably too DUMB, but I wonder if the last name of the lighthouse people was Brekkan.
  • Like maybe she was spending time with another family/group of people, and adopted their name as her alias? That makes sense too.
  • That's interesting, I had never thought of it like that before.
  • [quote="Shallfish"] Kria Brekkan was formed wearing a flowery skirt and rubber boots. She threw daggers in wood to kill time between rides on a quicksilver motorboat from the lighthouse to the living place of other humans to fetch provisions, and back. When she went off on her own she took the name with her and everything she had learned so far. [/quote] I find this beautiful for some reason. It's incredibly hard to decipher what she means, but the way she says it is truly amazing.
  • oh charby you are just the saddest dog! break me off!