Animal Collective live experiences

edited February 2011 in Reverb
I don't think we have a thread dedicated to this. I think we should be able to share our favorite moments/experiences. I was only at ODDSAC (I only got into Animal Collective a year and a half ago). I'll share if you guys want, but I really want to hear what you guys have experienced.

Comments

• 999 well well well i guess i'll just say ONE thing... the first time i saw them in April 05 before they went on i was right up in front and avey was getting ready and i asked if they could play slippi and he said they couldn't because of not knowing the tunings { ? yeah i didn't buy that either! ] and i said well then how about crumbling land [super fang!] and of course they weren't going to do THAT one... so i said well at least throw in some like about a slippy werewolf [he did NOT!] so that was kind of weird... also some girls up front said "we're excited!" to avey... and he said "did you just say Weird Science?" and she said "no... i said We're Excited!" and he replied "oh... i thought you said Weird Science... that would have been cool" and they just... did NOT know how to respond to that HAHA and later avey used a piece of paper with the setlist on it all crumpled / crumbled [!] up and used it on the microphone during wastered to make weird little noises and i GOT that setlist at the end of the show! i guess these are more NONmusic things... but i gotta say... for the encore they came back and did just one song: BABY DAY ... and it was a thing of pure joy! nothing but Vocals and Drummerings and Geo Dancing and the whole band really into it and it felt SO good! all in all it was pretty good but i didn't know the Feels songs that well at all at that point and wish i could go back in time to see the concert NOW... [i feel the same way about the 06 strawberry jam show! gah!] the set was a bit on the mellow / meandering side but i guess that made the REALLY rockin / catchy / crazy parts stand out more!
  • [quote="G.O. [!]"] so that was kind of weird... also some girls up front said "we're excited!" to avey... and he said "did you just say Weird Science?" and she said "no... i said We're Excited!" and he replied "oh... i thought you said Weird Science... that would have been cool" and they just... did NOT know how to respond to that HAHA![/quote] I love this xD
  • Everytime i'm excited im going to say "Weird Science!" In fact, we should all go to an AnCo concert and shout "Weird Science!" at avey until we get a reaction.
  • oh god that'd just make him uncomfortable! ... i wonder how much weirdo stuff HAS been yelled at AC on stage... or said to them after the show!
  • "Yo avey! You genius douchebag! YOU MADE ME JIZZ IN MY PANTS BRAH!" -Bad Hipster
  • "let's get avey-tarded up in here!" geo bout to lose his mind not to mention his head lamp up in here! up in here!
  • Insane in noah's metronome. INSANE IN DA GNOME.
  • edited May 2012
    G.O. your experience sounds unbelievably awesome.
  • i've heard stories of AC's recent shows just being filled with smelly hippies
  • I don't blaze the chron but a lot of Concerts have smelly hippies, but I love them anyway though, because my sober ass get's all the enjoyment I need so why should I complain if someone wants to get high.
  • even though... eye was hiiiiigh! i remember learning how to die!