"Wa wa wa Wahh" Song I.D.?

edited November 2010 in Lyrics & Tabs
Hello fellow Animals I'm trying desperately to track down a song. I'm pretty sure it is Animal Collective, that's what I was told, but I was kinda in an altered state the first time I heard it if you know what I mean. anyways, all I can remember is there's a chorus that's sung that goes "Wa wa wa wa wa wa wahhhhh" etc. Does that sound familiar? I'm sorry I can't be more specific, that's all I can remember. They said it might be on Feels or Sung Tongs, but I haven't been able to find it on either. I figured this would be the best place to ask. Thanks everyone who reads! I love you all!

Comments

• Whaddit I done off of sung tongs? P.s hail and welcome and we love you too!
  • No, unfortunately that's not it. You see their not singing words, at least it doesn't sound like anything. It's simply "Wa wa wa wa wa wahhhhhhhhh", going down a scale. The last "wah" is really long. And it was so beautiful, I must find it! I wish I could sing it to you... It may not necessarily be Animal Collective, but a band in the same genre, so Animal fans might know it. Thanks again for the help!
  • It's Prospect Hummer, fer sure.
  • [quote="Shinsy"]It's Prospect Hummer, fer sure.[/quote] Oh my God! That's it! Isn't that song amazing!!! I so fell in love with it the first time I heard it. I was talking to one of my friends today, and he said it definitely was an Animal Collective song, but he to didn't know which one it was. So I at least knew I wasn't trippin and making it up... I was pleasantly surprised to come home and find this waiting for me! Thanks man! I knew you guys would come through! Peace and love to everyone.
  • weird... i was damn sure that's what he was talking about but the very fact he made no mention of a woman singing made me think No it simply CAN'T be that! if i knew then what i know now! and HOW! that woman RUINED the sung tonger out-takes!
  • [quote="G.O. [!]"that woman RUINED the sung tonger out-takes![/quote] Vashti Bunyan? Nah she's pretty cool. Read about her on Wikipedia.
  • edited January 2011
    hat
  • G.O. really hates Prospect Hummer and I don't think he'll ever let the hate go! I really love Prospect Hummer though I certainly wouldn't want her singing with them all the time.
  • i def. put the more mellow side of AC at the bottom Projekt: Gummer, Crampfire Songs, Young Prayer, Pulleye Grubbhair [both ways!], and the evilest of all: WASTERED! i remember reading Geo saying that every time he listened to that track he FELL ASLEEP surely that tells you something! but the very fact they have such mellow plodding meandering stuff alongside such wacky hi-energy freakOut stuff... with yelping and strange troniks... is what makes them special!
  • i agree that they're ability to be calm, mellow , moody and completely chaotic yelping hi frequency noise is what makes them special. i enjoy both sides of their music and i'm starting to get into danse and indian a lot more than i was a couple years ago. i would have liked prospect hummer without vashti, she's a really great singer and AnCo really likes her but after hearing some live versions of learning how to dive, i think it would've been better if it was just AnCo..
  • I listened to PH for the first time in years and kept wishing Vashti wasn't in there so that i could hear the boys better. Which, understanding some aspects of them, is probably WHY they collaborated with her, in a sort of pre-ODDSAC kind of diversion of our attention from them to a more holistic sense of the sounds.
  • Wow that song is awesome.
  • [quote="G.O. [!]"]i def. put the more mellow side of AC at the bottom[/quote] acoustic AC, chilled AC is some of my favorite moments. Its crazy what a diverse band they are, and that certainly has a lot to do with why I respect and love their music so much. Campfire Songs! I absolutely love it!
  • i wish i had the remix skills because i always used to imagine really groovy DANCE DANCE versions of Bees and Ban She Beat... the way they sound in my head (the way that i imagine) them... they'd be SO good! (but only i would know this!)
  • if you could only remix higher! but yr egoid got in the way hey!