Did You See The Words from 2004

edited March 2011 in Reverb
Panda's such a great drummer! I'm sure some of you have heard this before, but in case you haven't, I found this one from 05/06/04 in Gets. Dig this groove. I like this almost as much as the version it ended up as on Feels. [youtube]

Comments

• wow thanks for sharing this panda's drumming is on point, that is such a funky groove, going to be stuck in my head for awhile i also really liked the effect on avey's voice at the end that picture is good too
  • I thought about covering this version of the song with my band. It's one of the best alternate song versions I've heard them play. I took that picture... That was some great pot.
  • yea its got a nice purple tint to it, you know the strand? but anyway back to this show i agree with you, definitely one of the best version of did you see the words i've ever heard, it would be great to cover. i can't wait to get near a drum set so i can try to recreate that riff i downloaded it today, and the songs are all done wonderfully, the guitars sound especially nice and Panda does some really awesome drumming throughout, especially during the purple bottle the recording of the vocals is a little strange, can't always hear avey, but loch raven was great, never heard it with just pander vocals before i suggest it to any member of the forum, avey's vocals aren't as present but everything sounds so warm together, especially grass and the purple bottle
  • Yeah, definitely one of the best '04 shows I've heard. I ought to pull it out and listen to it again.
  • Panda's got to get to drummin' again! I have a feeling he'll be behind the kit with along with all his samplers this next tour. Oh, i'm a hopin'.
  • a member of the forum posted a link to some article somewhere that said he was going to get back to the sit down drums again (i think)
  • Oooo. A link? where could I find this? Do you remember DEREKCOllectBoNE?
  • <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://animalcollective.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=866&start=20">viewtopic.php?f=3&t=866&start=20</a><!-- l --> Tabelz mentions he read it in a magazine in his post close to the end of the web page
  • Thank you sir. I'll read this as soon as Doggy/Hey Light ends.. hehe
  • did you see them birds?