Record Store Day

Who's going to a record store tomorrow? I think I might head down to Denver. They've got some of the Panda Bear bundles and I want to see if they would let me just get the shirt or something... But I'm probably going to get the Fela record and maybe something from of Montreal... we'll see!

Comments

• Today is record store day??
  • yes it is, i don't really have a record store around me music stores and whatnot, but no places with LPs
  • AHHH! RECORD STORE DAY! I spent way too much money and I couldn't even find a Panda Bear bundle!!! I'll make a list of hwat I got but it might be sickening because I bought way too many things!!! p.s. Its my favorite holiday! (and not all are record store day releases but I bought them anyways) undercover of darkness - the strokes (a single) memory boy - deerhunter (single) cosmogramma alt takes - flying lotus past is a grotesque animal - of montreal swim remixes - caribou medium rare - foo fighters (for my boyfriend) franz ferdinand covers - various artists 45:33 Remixes - LCD Soundsystem (50% off!) frend opportunit - deerhoof helplessness blues - fleet foxes cryptograms/flourescent gray ep - deerhunter losing feeling ep - no age holy crap I went overboard
  • holy crap you went INSANE! [quote]past is a grotesque animal - of montreal [/quote] that one is probably my fave. of the things you got POWERFUL song! oh god!
  • I know I did! I'm reaping the benefits of mp3 downloads right now because the really sad thing is...my record player is busted! Oh man! What a terrible time for it to break (TOMBOY and Record Store Day)! I really love that song too. I saw it and couldn't turn it down. Incidentally I have more Of Montreal vinyl than any other band, even though I feel very little passion towards their music. I think its due to their frequent use of colored vinyl and the frequent sales on the polyvinyl website.
  • [quote]even though I feel very little passion towards their music.[/quote] sad! their last album wasn't so great but skeleton clamp was super under-rated [i wish he had pushed it even farther!] and most anyone will agree that hissing fauna was great! and the 2 before i enjoyed and gay parade and that coquellet [?] asleep at the poppies! many good ones!
  • [quote="G.O. [!]"] i wish he had pushed it even farther!] [/quote] heh good old G.O.
  • i thought it was supposed to be like hundreds of miniature songs all just slammed together! it wasn't nearly that extreme or as jarring change-ups as i expected...
  • [quote="G.O. [!]"]i thought it was supposed to be like hundreds of miniature songs all just slammed together! it wasn't nearly that extreme or as jarring change-ups as i expected...[/quote] i don't think that would be good at all! i really like skeletal lamping (satanic panic is my favorite), but if he just cut and pasted just for the sake of making it sound weird, i think that'd be done! music should be something genuine not "i like the song but people won't think i'm weird enough"
  • I got Strawberry Jam, Down There, and More Moondog... All the RSD deals were all sold out!
  • yr wrong he should have done it! dude it UP!