Tomboy!

2»

Comments

• Oh yeah. Did anyone but me order the Tomboy Box?
  • I ordered the box. Also, I have entered to win that skateboard at least 10 times on different contests... Maybe this will be the one!
  • Anyone received their box set yet?
  • Yeah i Got mine today it looks really nice. My record player broke yesterday so i won't be anke to listen to it until next week. Cant wait to hear panda's mixes of the songs and those acapella versions sounds cool too
  • You should post pictures!
  • i didn't really enjoy this album too much. way too much hype and the whole releasing songs as singles did not make sense. i mean a single is supposed to be one song, right? i just didn't connect with a lot of songs and that synth in tomboy killed the vibe for me
  • [quote="derekcollectbone"]i didn't really enjoy this album too much. way too much hype and the whole releasing songs as singles did not make sense. i mean a single is supposed to be one song, right? i just didn't connect with a lot of songs and that synth in tomboy killed the vibe for me[/quote] oooooh. but he released a ton of Person Pitch in singles too. I thought the new mixes made up for the familiarity and i thought the synth in Tomboy added a lot. My favorite is the torrential noise thing in Slow Motion. Thought PK did a terrific job on the mixes. Also, LNATJ was so fantastic!
  • I wish I never listened to the singles. But he did the same think for Person Pitch, so I can't really complain. I was just late to the party.
  • I'll agree that placing all of the singles in the first half of the record was a pretty bad move.
  • I'm excited to listen to all the new mixes on the box set though... Just got the mp3s.
  • PICS PLZ!!!!
  • yea i didn't listen to ac or pb when person pitch came out so to me those singles never existed. i just think its dumb to release 8 of the 11 songs through singles, why not finish the songs and release the album as a whole? there i have said peace. sorry for all the negative vibes i brought to this topic, didn't mean to bring ya'll down
  • here is a picture i found. [img]http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lty2p3Ua7Y1qac2zgo1_500.jpg[/img]
  • Guess i'll stick with teh standard white vinyl [img]http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h422/tabelz/Photoon2011-11-01at1951.jpg[/img]
  • Scuba diving in chocolate syrup is generally a good idea.
  • You don't even need a mask.
  • You don't even need arm floaties.
  • You don't even need eleven mustaches.
  • [quote="Dave"]You don't even need eleven mustaches.[/quote] ... We can agree to disagree on this one. PADI would say otherwise.
  • Brother, can you spare a mustache?
  • Yeah. [img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2f0510p.jpg[/img]
  • I haven't listened to Tomboy since it came out. I remember thinking it was amazing but I never want to listen to it. What's up with that?
  • i kinda feel the same way. i can't really find the rigth mood
  • i listened to it 3 times when it came out... put it on the back burn her... revisited it again many moons later ... and then one time in the car... and then the boxset so i'm pretty confident in saying it was PRETTY GOOD not as good as personal pitch way above young prayer obviously and above the s/t a disappointment in one way both over-rated and under-grated at the same time much like TKOL by RHED! down there blows the tom boy ' away! woah! DOWN BOY! mashy mashy!
  • Yeah, Avey's solo effort was pretty ridiculous this round. Let's see what happens next time.
  • "Down There 2, There and Back Again"
  • up here! ave about to lose his mind UP in HERE UP IN HERE!