Comments

• edited March 2012
    Oh wow. Since there are a bunch of us locked out from the SUPER SECRET FORUM (oh I said it!) I'll post it up once I snag it from What. There's usually someone on there fanatical enough to do a lossless virgin vinyl rip of something as rare as this.
  • Also comes with an mp3 download
  • AH! Awesome. So excited
  • And Dave. I still have access ;)
  • So rad. iWant !!
  • woah! i like the idear of hearing the recording ... but then also being able to go to the website and it sounding different every time! ... seems like a groovy thing to have on in the background ... i knew they were talking about some website but i didn't know they'd do an official release! ... record store day / only 5000 copies!~ haha! crack box and in some ways even oddsak were so underloved talked about even though i waited for them for so long! ... like 05/06 them talking about some live early rare 3 CD set and some sorta of "movie" film thingy... and years and years went by! ... finally by 09/10 they came about! ... and now THIS! the actual project sounded cool in theory but also baffling ... and some showed up not knowing it wasn't a more traditional concert and were pissed (which i admit kind of amused me too!) ... i have heard various things of the audio and some visual but i've kept myself a bit in the dark so in a way it will be a bit of a sir prize! what this even IS! and where it's glowing...
  • yeah but i wouldn't take their crappy download links... though the thought that you're still unbanned had crossed my mind. if all else fails... there has been a request for this on What for quite a while now. we'll see if it gets filled now. i bet it will.
  • Do you think it'll leak before RSD? I think I'll attempt to find it at my little Denver record store regardless.
  • Ohhh I could be a secret spy!
  • miles of gyros!
  • i wish i had money. i'd just order the stupid thing. it'd do wonders for my what ratio, which is total shit right now.
  • Tis only 16 dollars!
  • I am so excited about this! I'm going to try and hunt it down, but if I can just order it then i'll do that instead because let's face it - i'm looking for it in a record store in Maine. I have that two hour recording of this from CA and have listened to about half of it, multiple times; i'm interested to see what they compose into a 12".
  • If one of us gets it, we need pictures!
  • Totally, my cousin and I were already preparing to go to our record store at midnight on record store day, so I think that if they have it there is very little chance that I won't get it.
  • Really want this but I'am not sure HOW to get it.
  • Dearest shall be first in line, dearest shall own, dearest shall share.
  • How come I've never heard of this?
  • hurray!
  • what do they mean by mail-order? like an email with paypal or what?
  • My cousin totally bailed on our Record Store day plans so i'm going to have to drive myself to the store at Midnight and then drive home and go to sleep and go to work at 6am - what a day!
  • im excited for this. i have school on rsd, it better not sell out
  • ANY RECORD STORE? ANYWHERE? SHIT where do I go help me out yawl!
  • Anyone got plans for Record Store Day? I think I'm going to wake up early to make sure I get a copy of TTG, plus I'm thinking of getting the Cursive and of Monteal/Deerhoof releases.
  • man i wish i had the money !
  • I have had to work on Record Store Day every year in recent memory and this year is no exception. The worst part is in Athens they hold a comic and zine festival called Fluke, which I've never been to! And I have been doing zines since 1987! So frustrating.
  • Happy Record Store Day! I bought TTG, Ys and Have One on Me by Joanna Newsom. I've just listened through all of TTG, it's amazing! The acoustics are phenomenal.
  • Unfair! You're a time traveler to the rest of us. I'm getting it tomorrow I hope
  • OH yeah! Wow, I forgot about that. Hahaha...
  • just bought it. Time to go home and listen to it
  • it's Great !
  • FUCK! My bestfriend and his pseudo-hipster grilfriend went to a record store today, and I asked if they were going to buy something (TTG specifically) but they had no idea. Unfair that they get a slight oppertunity at getting TTG although I know they will never buy it. Will it be downloadable anytime soon?
  • It came with an MP3 download card... so it wouldn't be hard to find if you knew how to look.
  • By god this is amazing. What else did you guys get this RSD?
  • so Clawed, you are last night when we talk? No, I mean, you are tomorrow night? What? When we talked this morning, it was tonight? Or was it tomorrow night? CRAP!!!!
  • Damn Austrailian time! It's like he is 20 hours into the future and we are 20 hours in the past. It's April 22 there.
  • I only had enough money to buy TTG but i really wanted the flaming lips record too
  • So Penny, describe it! What else have they done, that sounds like this? Did you get it on vinyl or CD? Is music a lot more esoensive over there? Are imports even MORE expensive? I think it's eom that Record Store Day is one thing that all of us on here, regardless of count, can particpate in. I'm so happy you haven't ever left us, Penny.
  • Although your picture is a little frightening.
  • Fishy I'm sure someone will upload it to the internet sometime, whether it be for youtube for the Yaarggh Pirates. I can describe the TGG! Well it's hard to describe but I'd say the closest I can get is it's like a less aggressive, more ambient version of ODDSAC. Also it has a lot more focus on delays and reverb because of the crazy Guggenheim setting. The acoustics are fabulous, as far as I can tell it's mostly Avey singing, generally it sounds more Avey and Geo than Panda or Deakin. There's only a few guitar parts and that's acoustic, Pullhair Rubeye/Young Prayer style strumming, and some Deak plucking (I think) on the B side. I hope this helps, it's kind of a mess, but it all sounds very different, but all the same style at the same time. Maybe Penny can help me.
  • NO! i forgot about RSD! how could this have happened? im going to my record store tomorrow in complete denial of it being sold out. at the end of the day at least i get to listen to some new AC, even though its digital :(
  • I found the link to the download of TTG. I had some help...
  • PLEASE TELL ME!?
  • Peace post the link pleeeeeaaase
  • i bought it for about 15 bucks which pretty cheap for Danish standards, My record player is at my dads place so i had to listen to the MP3 download. i think the best way for me to describe is that it kinda sounds like some of Oddsac in very big room..Which is great! i really love the Deakin songs on it !
  • it's more of an experience than an album
  • It's really great to listen to in the dark. I would describe it as a bizarre, surreal forrest sort of thing. Animal noises and Animal Collective noises If you listen, you can hear Scheherazade in Part 1. Deakin sings at the end of part two.