Nostalgia

What were your favorite movies/books a child?

Comments

• goosebumps! the movies, i got them at blockbuster. they ensued a life-long interest in spooky and scary things
  • Movies: The Lion King, Jurassic Park (it was like a scary movie for me, and I loved Dinosaurs), Star Wars (obvious but I still remember the days of watching it on VHS altough I already watched it a week before), and the Goonies (I remember 3rd grade like it was yesterday whenever I see this movie). I don't really have too many movies which remind me of childhood. I still love the Lion King and all those classic Disney movies (there are just too many to name). TV: Rocket Power, Pokemon, The Jackie Chan Adventures show (I forget it's actual name), Home Improvement, the Three Stooges, and Jimmy Neutron. Music: Pink Floyd scared me! I liked it when my dad played The Beatles and The Who though. Books: Magic Treehouse series, Goosebumps, the Hobbit (I had trouble reading it, so many damn songs), the first 3 Harry Potter books (those were the only ones I would consider to be part of my childhood although I have read all 7 books), and any science book with pictures.
  • Man, I started answering this, but when I answered from my true childhood and not my teenagehood (where many of y'all are) I realized no one but maybe Oaken would know who or what I meant. Harvey Korman and Tim Conway, anyone?
  • I LOVED Magic Tree House! I wanted to read/collect all of the books. I have a large collection of them. I also liked to read Cam Jansen, any non-sports related biography, the Eyewitness books, and The Magic School Bus books. My favorite film, by far, as a child was Peter Pan. Other films I liked were: the hp films, Anastasia, **cringes** Spy Kids, Durango Kids, the Barbie movies, Robin Hood, Toy Story 2. Television shows: Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Tutenstein, Justice League, Strange Days at Blake Holsey High, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends...
  • Powerpuff Girls, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, and..._____________ Ahh I'm just messing with ya Narnia!
  • Books: Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs & Goosebumps. TV: Rugrats, The Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power, Pokemon, Digimon, The Magic School Bus, Blue's Clues, Power Rangers, & Aaahh!!! Real Monsters. Movies: Jurassic Park, Toy Story, The Lion King, Aladdin, Batman: Mask of the Phantasm, & A Bug's Life. That's all that comes to mind right now. Hehe.
  • Movies: lots of the Pixar stuff. Monsters Inc. is one of the greatest films ever, period. Ticonderoga, are you familiar with the Shivers books, by M.D Spenser? They're a Goosebumps rip off, written in the same formula, but they were much better. Ah, the memories: [IMG]http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1252646463l/491923.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1252646394l/2022787.jpg[/IMG] The second pic is one of the first books I remember reading. I was...at least grade 3 or 4? I used to write my own horror stories too, at that age. Also, I used to read Give Yourself Goosebumps. Music: I was raised on alternative rock, pretty good music actually. TV: Avatar anyone? I was a fan from the very beginning.
  • Yes! I love Avatar! I think I have seen every episode.
  • Music: I didnt really LISTEN to music as a kid, but the first music I started to like was Lily Allen, Kimya Dawson, The Beatles, The Supremes, Never Shout Never, Hellogoodbye, The White Stripes and Bright Eyes.
  • Where I live it used to start at six in the morning I think? So in summer, me and my little brother would go downstairs that early to watch the new episode, every day. Ah, sweet sweet nostalgia.
  • I watched it with my little brother also! I really wanted to be an airbender. I remember "practicing" the movements. Toff, was my favorite. I loved how there was moments of hilarity mixed with the "intense drama". I still have the opening sequence memorized. I still love it and now they have that godawful spin-off "Korra" *cringes*.
  • justice league still rules !
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events anyone?
  • Yes! ...well actually I loved the movie as a kid but didnt read the books until waaaayyyy late, like in 7th grade. Did anyone like The Amanda Show?
  • I played with these guys. I had the house and the farm.[img]http://kgarner86.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/fppeople.jpg[/img]
  • edited May 2012
    I like eggs! I forgot about some tv shows, but Avatar, Justice League, Batman, etc. were always fun to watch. I really liked Remote Control cars a lot when I was young, but if only they weren't so expensive.
  • edited May 2012
    i just played with Lego and watched TV. i actually played with Lego today.. still fun
  • Lego/s! They are Danish too! I had a whole bunch of them when was young and I still have a bunch somewhere but I will only play with them when no one is looking, and I'll probably show a picture of the mass amount me and my brother collected back in the day.
  • I really liked this one book that was one of those thick cardboard ones. It was about a rabbit and his garden and it was just really cool how they illustrated it. I like to play with stuff and make these weird contraptions that would basically be a bunch of toys thrown together to create a path for a ball to roll around and knock stuff over, etc. This doesnt make much sense.
  • Mitch! That's called a Rube Goldberg! OK Go made an incredible video with a Rube Goldberg contraption.
  • OK G.O. ! peace fish sure does love his eggs! he tapes them to his legs!
  • what the fuck! TAPING EGGS TO YR LEGS! synchro noshitty!