dream i had

edited September 2012 in Animal Tracks
Thought i would share this, dreamt I talked to avey tare and asked him about if he read reviews about his music and he says yeah, its a process.

Comments

• dreaammsss that I once haaadddd. Did I have them anywaaayyyys? Seaaamss that I once haaadddd. Now I'll have them all the timmeee. I once dreamt I saw Avey and we started taking some photos. I can't find that entry in my dream journal though. :(
  • that was no dream!
  • It was a super weird dream, like I was at this pro snowboarder's house and avey is just chillin there. There was this big pond at the house and it was full of fish from the ocean and the house was up in the mountains it was cool
  • i keep dreaming that I'm going to animal collective concerts but I never actually get there!
  • I had this super weird dream the other night about a dystopian society where adolescents competed in an isolated facility to procreate, I think the idea being that only the fittest should be able to breed - eugenics. It was awesomely scary. I think I ended up escaping with one of the girls but we got caught and sent back to the facility.
  • ^ That's cool. Last dream I had, besides some incredibly weird stuff involving a foreign side street and a toy soldier which broke in a freezer, was this tiny little Chinese take away shop which was decorated really brightly. All these red banners and gold things and this woman behind the counter, and in the dream I just stared at it intently for the longest while. I love dreams. I wish we could record them on video or something. That would be so immensely cool.
  • Clawed, that sounds like a great plot for a film! I dreampt recently that I was walking down a surreal version of my hallway and when I had gotten to the end I placed my body against the end's wall. I placed my fists on either side of my head and tried to push to the other side of the wall/portal. As I did that I heard a voice say "God wants to take you to the next level". I pushed halfway through and saw infinite whiteness and some moving shapes and other indescrible things things. In my mind this was heaven but I too scared to go to the other side because I thought that would mean I would have been dead. I wanted to be able to go back.
  • freeky man. I've been afraid of bees as of late. I dreapt that a dear was running through a city. I chased the deer down and shot it with a gun. I grabbed it by the antlers and pulled it up but its head came off. Out of the neck came millions of bees swarming towards me. When I looked down they were crawling up my chest and I was engulfed in bees and I woke up with poop in my pants... not really but I was frightened
  • I really wish Australian film companies would make more ambitious films like Mad Max these days - most are just dramas or the occasional comedy/animation. The Outback is such a perfect setting, and it's literally in our backyard.
  • We once had a 'Last Night I Dreamt..' thread aggessss ago. This could be the new one! horray! You better all keep it up, then you can achieve realising your dream signs, then lucidity! The other night I dreamt that Jonas Bjerre of Mew was a lovely, fluffy, orange cat and he was talking to me as the cat. Oh it was just bliss.
  • We still have it I just can't be bothered finding it.
  • Last Night i dreamt that i was laying in my basement with a bb gun, it was odd
  • I had that really crazy dream recently (a couple nights ago)- you know how when you are dreaming- events switch around, times all weird, and you seem to go from one place or another? theres no structure, just a big train of thought. well in my dream i realized this was happening, and it was super vivid just like real life. It seemed like forever. It really sucked when i realized nothing was real and everything was just morphing around yet i didnt know i was dreaming. i was super confused and it just sucked. But now that i am awake i think its really cool that that happened and im glad it did. Mitch (in response to first post)- I've had a very similiar dream! I went to my first animal collective concert (yeah i know... i like to consider myself an avid fan but i've never gotten the chance :(. ) and after the show me and my buddy were hanging out with avey and went to subway. i asked him a buttload of questions. haha
  • Had a dream one night that I was at an AnCo show and I walked into this weird barn looking place by the stage. Then avey, panda and the whole gang were in there and I just talked to them it was fucking awesome I woke up feeling like a king
  • [quote=Shallfish]I had that really crazy dream recently (a couple nights ago)- you know how when you are dreaming- events switch around, times all weird, and you seem to go from one place or another? theres no structure, just a big train of thought. well in my dream i realized this was happening, and it was super vivid just like real life. It seemed like forever. It really sucked when i realized nothing was real and everything was just morphing around yet i didnt know i was dreaming. i was super confused and it just sucked. But now that i am awake i think its really cool that that happened and im glad it did.[/quote] Hey :} have you ever had a lucid dream? Sounds like, if you could achieve such consciousness often you can control your dreams, its so much fun. :)
  • i still don't believe in those cuz if it actually worked (and worked REALLY well) you'd never want to wake up! cuz you'd basically be in mental heaven!
  • edited September 2012
    G.O. and curses, I used to really be into that stuff not long ago. But it's hard, it's like training your own mind. I've been in a lucid dream a couple dreams, but not through much effort on my part. They're always very short and very unclear besides. And VERY surreal. That's the best part!
  • goooooo i think its physically impossible to sleep for over two days. some people get addicted to dreaming and take sleeping drugs such as tylonol pm. I've had lucid dreams before but I am not trying to achieve control over all my dreams. Usually when I realize I'm dreaming either somthing I wake up shortly after or it turns into a nightmare and i wake up shortly after. Once I kept dreaming and was able to control my dream. I don't remember most of the dream but some parts are very vivid. very surreal and amazing. I love dreams.
  • [img]http://www.invisiblebooks.com/duchamp-etant-donnes-part-1946-66.jpg[/img] Oh, man. I wish dreams were like Inception and you could change them and stuff.
  • dreams dreams- Curses- i have never had one sadly. I've only had 2 that even came close. The one i mentioned above, and one when i was a kid. When i was a kid i dreamt i met a girl so perfect i wanted to keep her as my best friend, but i knew i was dreaming. so i tried all i could to escape my dream with her with me. it was weird. im not sure i'd consider it lucid.. it wasnt vivid enough i think. Also nice to meet you! Mzro- You should PM me and tell me about your knowledge of the lucid junk. It sounds super intriguing and i bet you know more than i do! Also, nice to meet you too!
  • ohhh, that sounds like the sweetest idea for a book, movie, video game, action figure, hoodie
  • edited September 2012
    had a dream the other night that i went to terence mckenna's house and he kept feeding me mushrooms
  • [quote=Purplesage]ohhh, that sounds like the sweetest idea for a book, movie, video game, action figure, hoodie[/quote] I actually started writing a script based of it with my pal- but we abandoned it. haha
  • Hi Shallfish! I'm really not knowledgeable about lucid dreaming, I know some stuff but I never really tried too hard myself. But if you want, there are some mantras and some small changes to your everyday thought process that can make it easier or more possible. For example, supposedly (never worked for me) if you randomly ask yourself throughout the day "Am I dreaming?" it should filter into your dreams eventually. Stuff like that.
  • I've heard of something pretty similar. My buddy looks down at his hand randomly throughout the day- he formed a habit. So since he does it so often- when he does it in his dream and notices his hand looks different it makes him conscious of his dream. I tried that, but it never worked. haha What else ya got?
  • Another thing some people mention is digital clocks - look at them twice, and the times should be different, alerting you to the fact you're dreaming. Now, for some stories of my pathetic attempts :) The first night I tried to have a lucid dream, in the night I dreamt that I was in this REALLY unrealistic, weird situation, and I went along with it like a sheep. At one point, I even asked someone for the time. I guess that should have reminded me of the time-checking thing, but it really didn't. And then, in the morning (which strangely enough is when my most vivid dreams occur, after waking uo early) I had my first lucid dream. I basically dreamt that I put a red bag on the left side as I sat down, and as I turned it had moved to the right. I immediately became lucid, but got overexcited and just swooshed awake. I think I was still in sleep paralysis for a half-minute when I woke up, it was so weird. Most times when I'm lucid, it happens with nothing triggering it halfway through a dream, and usually I lose it pretty quickly or wake up a short time afterwards. But yeah, dreams are awesome. I should really start doing this stuff again. What sucks is, I think a lot sort of so I'm not the type of guy who's alert all the time. That isn't too good for lucid dreaming, since you go along with dreams so much more if you're not alert (don't know how to explain this too well actually) Monologue finished.
  • I dreamed last night of bitches and sluts... so sad. I question reality on an almost daily basis. Some things just seem to damn vivid, other things are surreal, sometimes I wonder if I'm dreaming but then decide based on how fast time is going. Will it be just like I'm dreaming? Will it be just like they're dreaming?
  • [quote=Dave]had a dream the other night that i went to terence mckenna's house and he kept feeding me mushrooms[/quote] Awesome
  • it was really weird. in my dream, mckenna was nothing like the brilliant orator he was in life. more like a gleeful psychedelic madman babbling silly nonsense. purp, keep going. it'll clear itself up. if you don't like the way consciousness is now, my best advice would be to try something different.
  • Mzro, thats pretty cool. I'm not very alert at all though.. haha. I get lost in though all the time.
  • Has anyone ever dreamed in black in white?? I too was really into the limitless possibilities dreams seemed to contain in my salad days. When I was little I had a dream wheel that would spin and it would land on whatever I wanted. I used to be able to make myself dream lucidly by thought. I also used to think that dreaming sent you to a different world and the people in it were angels who could tell me the future. Once I had a dream that was inside a pseudo-heaven and there was only a waterfountain and I saw a person there and I asked her who I was going to marry and she said something along the lines of "i cannot tell you yet".
  • I also have dreampt in third person where I have no physical body but witness the dream from above. I used to be able to dream whatever I wanted, but my mind has become so cluttered that it is almost impossible. Essentially, I believe dreams are windows into the soul and a person's current mentality. Dreams only last, at the most 10 minutes, and we have many dreams through out the night, but we only remember select few so I believe they are meaningful. Things may conicide but they don't "accidentally coincide", in life and in dreams (which are connected). Everything in dreams are symbolic which is why I believe in the accuracy of dream dictionaries. ALSO has anyone heard of astral projection?? I really want to be able to that sometime before I die.
  • I am sorry for the triple post (please no one hate me). I could talk about dreams forever. I was wondering what your favorite dream was (as a child)?
  • I HATE marshmallows but not you cuz ur sweet as a marshmallow but not as gooey and you don't melt. Don't sweat it bubbula. I used to have lucid dreams a lot as a wee youngin' too. I think as we carry more mental weight it's harder to let ourselves go so freely in that way that lucid dreaming seems to require. I don't remember a favorite dream. I do remember a recurring nightmare in which I would be flown down the hall of my house in darkness, and I was really scared of the dark so as I moved away from the hall light further into the darkness this overwhleming panic just took over. An aside: it's really too bad mods can't move threads anymore, since the old dreams thread had extensive discussion of lucid dreams, among other things. For awhile I was getting these fantastic high-jumping dreams where id be able to bound over treetops and lampposts, soaring hundreds of feet in the air gleefully with each jump. Good stuff, flying dreams are fun. Falling dreams are not! My dreams have been distressing of late. My life has been distressing of late. It meshes.
  • Read this thread, not sure if I really know what's going on between everyone. Yet another reason why I shouldn't leave this forum.
  • The space between. You know, that space isn't really empty. That space is imaginary! What's separating us, really? I mean, really. What's separating us, really?
  • dreams can come true! look at me as i look at you! you know you got to have them!