Ghost Stories

This is probably already a thread, but my laziness prohibits me from finding out the truth.) Does anyone believe in ghosts? Or another word/version of them? Has anyone encountered what they have thought to be a ghost? What are you thoughts on the paranormal in general?

Comments

• while i reject most supernatural phenomenons i have a strong sub-conscious belief in ghosts. i havent really had any ghostly experiences well i sort of have one night my friends and i heard a giggle. it was after we had just finished laughing. we both heard it. the sound of it took up all the space in the room and we were both freaking out
  • ^ hahaha I don't really believe in ghosts. But once for a few weeks I would wake up to random shivers down my back and the feeling of someone poking my lower back and shoulders, but there'd be no one there. Cause I was a silly lonely depressed teenager back then I pretended it was the ghost of some really close friend I would have had in the future, but had somehow just died and so would travel to me and poke me. bahaha. imaginattionn!
  • I have a vague suspicion that the supernatural exists, but not like "ghosts" or "vampires".
  • I've seen some weird stuff in my day, I still dont really have an opinion though. Lots of experiences where my friends and I will see something and do a double take, you know?
  • edited September 2012
    i was on the city bus once and I was tired, so I may have been seeing things, but as soon as I got up to got to my stop I got up there was a girl, about 9 years old, in purple, sitting in front of me, and she dissapeared as soon as I stood up. I looked back for her in the bus, to see where she could have gone but she wasnt there. At a house I used to live in the doorbell would ring when no one was there. And the door bell never had the same ring. And it still kept ringing randomly after we had the doorbell taken out.
  • Whoa, thats creepy. Ive always thought of spring time being associated with like ghosts and stuff, maybe just cause of april and the phantom, haha.
  • i see the supernatural as transference between different times of energy on seperate plains. One cannot define ghosts or shadow people or deamons and angels. Many do not have a sense for paranormal stuff. I used to have more of a sense but all my senses have dulled since childhood. I have personally come in contact with what I believe to be either a deomon or ghost connected to my cousin. When one wakes up in a paralyzed dream state they might be likely to see ghosts or aliens or crazy shit that is not there so I aknowledge that possibility, but I woke up at three in the morning when my cousin slept over and this huge creature was at the end of my bed. I could not move and felt terrified and paralyzed. It was very tall and hunched over and I could not see any particular visible head. One of it's arms were very large and mangled and It almost appeared to be wearing a plaid shirt. I held my breath and it noticed that I saw it so it slowly turned around and moved out an open door and down the stairs rather fast. When we went to bed that night I closed my door so somthing had opened it. As soonas it left I immedietly flicked on all the lights in the house and yelled for everybody to wake up and chased it down the stairs but when I got down, nothing was there. When I feel a negative presence that some might interprit as spirits I play Spirit they've gone spirit they've vanished because I feel That the high and low tones and white noise attracts them but also keeps them at bay for some odd reason. Maybe it's just because I think it protects me that gives me the mind power and mind set to be protected. Watching scary movies I dont typically pray to god for safety from such things as in movies those people who pray to god for safety die often. :p
  • edited October 2012
    I dunno. I enjoy reading y'all's opinions on it. I think consciousness is way more complicated than we understand (maybe even than we [i]can[/i] understand). Do I think it's possible it manifests itself in non-understandable ways that people have tried to explain in certain figurative ways that end up getting taken literally? Would I be asking a fake-professorial rhetorical question if the answer was a "no"? I believe in ghosts. I just don't believe they exist.
  • [quote=Dave]I dunno. I enjoy reading y'all's opinions on it.I think consciousness is way more complicated than we understand (maybe even than we can understand). Do I think it's possible it manifests itself in non-understandable ways that people have tried to explain in certain figurative ways that end up getting taken literally? Would I be asking a fake-professorial rhetorical question if the answer was a "no"?I believe in ghosts. I just don't believe they exist.[/quote] That blew my mind, and I didn't understand most of it. My opinion on 'ghosts' is pretty boring I guess. But I do believe that reality is not as complex and scientific as some think it is. The way I think sometimes is, how can you call spiritual beliefs absurd when life (heck, and science) is already so strange and absurd? What we understand about the universe and everything else is really the tip of the iceberg. Somewhat related: [i]'Merry-Go-Round', by Mark Gertler.[/i] [img]http://www.tate.org.uk/art/images/work/T/T03/T03846_10.jpg[/img]
  • creeepy shit, enlarge that face facing me
  • Where science and spirituality meet!
  • i don't believe in no ghosts!