Animal Collective Patches for micro KORG

Hey, long time lurker, first time poster. I finally decided to join the community since I came in possession of a pretty nice micro KORG synthesizer/vocoder. I've been playing around on it, and so far, have found some nice tones to use for my band. However, I can't seem to find anything that bears resemblance to any sort of loop or synth tone that Animal Collective uses. I'm not trying to ripoff their sound, but merely have a starting point to make my own. I'm not a huge fan of techno/dance/trance/whatever music, however, I love the dance like nature of many AC songs, but most of the patches on here are sort of "club" dancey. I've searched online everywhere and no luck yet. Hell, there's so far only one guy on Youtube who has covered AC songs using synth/samples, and he hasn't posted any videos explaining how he made his patches yet. So, if anyone can help, I would really appreciate it. Oops, and sorry in advance if this is the wrong forum. It seems like everyone was asking for tabs and lyrics anyways, so I thought this fit in.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure this is the right place for this. I'm sorry to say but I have no idea how to help you but there might be someone else that does. I really just wanted to throw you a 'welcome!' If you're going to keep coming around (which I hope you do!) you should go post in the introduction forum!!
  • [youtube] Heya folks, good news if anyone has actually been interested in figuring out the answer to my inquiry as much as I have. The guy who did the covers just put up a video on how to create the "My Girls"synth patch with a micro KORG. So, here you go, everyone who may have been interested. Needless to say, I'm rather excited.
  • That was super cool, even though I have 0 idea how to work a micro KORG.
  • For a synth, it's actually very affordable, high quality, and easy to use. To my understanding, the band actually uses these synths, which is probably why that patch is pretty much dead on. Once I get my hands on one again I'm gonna play around with it, possibly a "My Girls" cover is in order?
  • As soon as you do that cover you have to post it here! The only ones I've seen so far acoustic ones.
  • Pretty cool.
  • i've become... SYNTHETIK!