Daily Wierdness

After science class me and two friends were walking to lunch. My friend pointed out a rather large moth and me being me wanted to pick it up to take a closer look. And so I picked it up. It was light brown and hot pink and had strange shaped wings. ..then it peed on my hand and flew off. '..THANKS ALOT YOU GOOD FOR NOTHIN' MOTH!' So that was wierd. I've never had a butterfly/moth pee on my hand. And now I have.. I think its quite hilarious too that some people have a phobia of moths and butterflies. Its strange. (Sorry if any of you have Mottephobia or Lepidopterophobia) I just imagine hunsmen spiders when I see butterflies fluttering about, and I understand.

Comments

• that's crazy. I always thought their pee would be too small to see I personally love those critters though and would like to start a collection of them in a glass case. But there are only so many kinds in the cold wilderness of Maine. And I don't have a fabulous glass case or anything.
  • Do not kill the moths and the butterflies to stick in cases please Tiggles!!! Maybe you could collect dead ones. I like insects very much and like to grow stuff for them to lay their eggs on and then they hatch and I have a caterpillar farm. When Swallowtail Butterflies fart it smells like parsley!
  • HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA. Caterpillars always poop on me when I pick them up.
  • toads always piss on me when I hold them. oh yeah, I have over 500 posts!
  • [quote="winilula"] I like insects very much and like to grow stuff for them to lay their eggs on and then they hatch and I have a caterpillar farm. When Swallowtail Butterflies fart it smells like parsley![/quote] wow. okay. ..parsley farts.. Thats different! And thats so cool you have a catterpillar farm. Thats like the coolest thing I've heard all day. I haven't seen a decent fat green catterpiller in so long. [quote="we tigers"]toads always piss on me when I hold them.[/quote] I'm scared to pick up toads. I use to live in QLD and they were everywhere. They haven't fully invaded WA yet, thankfully.
  • [quote="winilula"]Do not kill the moths and the butterflies to stick in cases please Tiggles!!! Maybe you could collect dead ones. I like insects very much and like to grow stuff for them to lay their eggs on and then they hatch and I have a caterpillar farm. When Swallowtail Butterflies fart it smells like parsley![/quote] the dead ones aren't as perfect though... its something to think about. I love that you have a caterpillar farm and I had no idea butterflies farted! Maybe that is what I should do instead of killing them...
  • I have caterpillar issues. When I was 6, I was in Ottawa visiting relatives for a couple weeks in the summer. My grandma and I stayed at her friend's house, who had an apple orchard. In the morning I went out and was playing around in the grass with bare feet. I feel something over my foot and I just see this gigantic green worm THING crawling across my toes. Needless to say, I didn't walk on grass with bare feet for a few years after that, and I had nightmares for a while. I will pick up a caterpillar with a stick, but I won't touch that little shit. NO WAY.
  • Oh, I have had caterpillar issues in the past, believe you me. One year, growing up, we had a terrible Gypsy Moth infestation and the trees were filled with their giant bags of larvae. When they hatched they crawled everywhere, and seemed to like the back outside wall of our garage. It was a writhing wall. Since they were in the trees, they also invaded my treehouse: I climbed up the ladder and when I got eye level with the floor it was covered and I had squashed some with my hands. I don't think I went back up there for years. I don't let caterpillars in my mouth but I will let them walk on me. (same with spiders and insects in general. as to what creature I will let in my mouth, I will and have let butterflies walk on my tongue into my mouth. The nectar-sipping kind, not the poop-licking kind. No poopy butterfly feet in my mouth thenkyewverymuch) I have more butterfly stories if anyone wants to hear the someday.
  • make a butterfly thread!! Do it!! You've got great stories. so the other day I was walking around outside with my son and I had my iPod in my pocket. And all the sudden I hear this music playing, and I listen closer and its Explosions in the Sky playing! I was so excited because I thought to myself 'one of my neighbors must be listening to it!!' which is amazing because its a bunch of old people and in general, the area I live in in Maine, no one listens to the kind of music I do. I got all excited, I thought I must have a young neighbor hidden somewhere. Then I go inside and can hear a 'Spirit' song playing and take my iPod out of my pocket and realize that it was on the whole time and the volume was just turned up really loud so I was hearing it through the head phones (which made it seem like it was coming from 'far away'. I was really depressed and felt like an idiot. I was also really sick so my mind wasn't working so hot. i guess that's not weird, just stupid.
  • HAHA tigers i love that story. I do that all the time.
  • Phew! I'm glad i'm not the only one!
  • I had a related experience lately with my MP3 player, as well.
  • Happens in class when I have earbuds instead of headphones. Embarrassing.
  • Exactly how does one listen to music in class without getting caught? I want to, but it seems a little impossible.
  • ear bud through sweater sleeve, lean on your hand with your elbow propped up on your desk. works every time.
  • or you can pay attention and learn!! >:O
  • While doing genealogy work for a patron, I found this:[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->jesus-obit2.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]
  • So, Jesus was really born in 1942? Good to know.
  • WHOA. My dad's a year older than Jesus. (yeah my parents are old)
  • I walk through the city very regulary now with my new job and I think People are wierd. I saw a middle aged man with high, bright pink socks..
  • Your Dad is as old as my Mom. But I am old enough to be your Mom. Which means that yes, indeedily do, your father is of the aged variety.
  • the rage ... of godz!